Nice bluetooth receiver for vintage equipment

gcgst

I have an Amazon echo show in the kitchen, which is about equidistant from three stereo setups in three adjacent rooms. I normally feed these systems over wifi by either chromecast audio/emotiva XDA-2 or raspberry pi/iDSD dacs.

However, we like the convenience of having Alexa play music from either Amazon, Pandora, or Plex for casual listening or enertaining; thus, I wanted bluetooth connections to these systems also. I have Alexa turn on the system of choice via smart-outlets -- using a bluetooth reciever powered by the recevier's switched outlet, so it connects automatically when the system powers on.

The issue I had is the distance was a little too great for the cheap bluetooth reeivers I tried at first ($20 Logitech and Amazon Basic). The music would skip periodically, especially if someone stood directly between the echo and the receiver.

I found a solution in the BluDento BLT-2 long distance receiver ($55). It sounds really good (for bluetooth) using its own DAC, and it even has optical/coax outputs I can use with the emotiva for even better sound. I have no affiliation with the product -- just wanted to share the good experience in case someone was looking at a similar setup.

Back
Top Bottom