Nice Yamaha M-2 rebuild

What pro amp is the same as the M2? Was it the PC-2102 or something like that? I have a pro amp I got a while back that is in need of repair
ut forgot what model it is and its buried in a stack of equipment on my to do list ;)

Athanasios

What pro amp is the same as the M2? Was it the PC-2102 or something like that? I have a pro amp I got a while back that is in need of repair
ut forgot what model it is and its buried in a stack of equipment on my to do list ;)

Athanasios
There are some Yamaha Pro amps which look alike, but are not identical under the hood. For instance PC2002 and PC2002M.

My B-5 (JPN M-2) already sounds amazing as stock. I can't even imagine how much better it would sound with a complete overhaul.

"Similar" is not the same.

There are certainly design elements that are very similar and make the amps appear the same at first glance, but these amps are not the same under the hood.

Thanks for the link Mr Yamaha, nice build there.

Reminds me to put some strategic order(s) out for the large can PSU caps to revamp my B-5 one day; The United Chemi-Con U36D seems to fit perfectly :)

Mine is the P2201 . I thought i read somewhere here that the M2 is the same under the hood as one of the pro models .

EDIT: found this thread at audioholics

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/yamaha-p2201-power-amplifier.67683/

Nashou

But still, not exactly the same.

"Similar" is not the same.

There are certainly design elements that are very similar and make the amps appear the same at first glance, but these amps are not the same under the hood.

Thanks for the link Mr Yamaha, nice build there.

That's correct, brutal.

Back
Top Bottom