Nikko Alpha II speaker and meter audio output relay not clicking

So what needs to be replaced?
keep troubleshooting as you were .. sorry i just made an observation . i cannot recommend a simple replace something .
all i can say is if q804 is turned on it will shunt the base voltage of q805 to ground .

keep troubleshooting as you were .. sorry i just made an observation . i cannot recommend a simple replace something .
all i can say is if q804 is turned on it will shunt the base voltage of q805 to ground .
thats true.. And .7 volts on the base of Q804 would bias the transistor on.. Pull and check Q801. Then --- C840 ( .47µf/50vdc) hasn't been replaced yet. Correct ?

i would try a different way and measure voltage at board pin 6 .ac voltage here . then d841 . cathode ac volts same as pin 6 then anode - voltage then follow circuit through if good ..
or just pull out q804 and learn nothing and see if relay clicks in .
q801 should clinch the deal .

C843 is good, I can't find r850 on the board or the diagram of the board. it's on the schematic and parts list.

i would try a different way and measure voltage at board pin 6 .ac voltage here . then d841 . cathode ac volts same as pin 6 then anode - voltage then follow circuit through if good ..

Q801 has an HFE of 137, measure good. pin 6 had 43.8 VAC, cathode had same vac, abode had 19.77 VAC.

Relay clicked when I removed q804! Pete, many thanks. now, when I sell this amp, is it good to go? theres still a tranny missing....

Relay clicked when I removed q804! Pete, many thanks. now, when I sell this amp, is it good to go? theres still a tranny missing....
no you cant do that .. its not good practice .. it just proves some things are working and others not .. it is the protect circuit and needs to be correct .

Just gonna chime in and say with how weird it's acting, and since it's just this circuit, you probably should replace all transistors and elec caps etc there to circumvent any future issues. Don't forget to clean the relay if you haven't already, I think the cover just pops off on that model, at least it did on mine.

V
Just gonna chime in and say with how weird it's acting, and since it's just this circuit, you probably should replace all transistors and elec caps etc there to circumvent any future issues. Don't forget to clean the relay if you haven't already, I think the cover just pops off on that model, at least it did on mine.

Cleaned the relay with d100, replaced three caps. Monday I'll stop by Gateway Electronics to pick up a diode and the caps. I can substitute for the same forward voltage and max voltage, and I should be good... I did that for a diode on the "regurator" board to get the light working. Worked great.

the diode needs testing or simply replacing then it may or may not fix the issue .
please do this correctly or some unsuspecting person might get fried speakers

lost me with mov ..
while you have relay clicking in double check dc voltage at speaker terminals ...
we just lost an hour here so must go now ... it is suddenly 2.30am . i didnt even think it was 1.30am yet .

lost me with mov ..
while you have relay clicking in double check dc voltage at speaker terminals ...
we just lost an hour here so must go now ... it is suddenly 2.30am . i didnt even think it was 1.30am yet .

lost me with mov ..
Metal oxide varistor to stop current when a voltage is reached. anyways, 0 VDC on the speaker outputs. I put in a random diode, high voltage with same forward voltage as d841.

Metal oxide varistor to stop current when a voltage is reached. anyways, 0 VDC on the speaker outputs. I put in a random diode, high voltage with same forward voltage as d841.
Let's talk some more tomorrow afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom