Nikko Gamma 20, 30 & 40

BKville

Can anyone shine a little light on these 3 tuners for me.. Like what are the major differences between the 3.. Which has better FM reception.. And mostly are these tuners any good in your opinion..

Thanks, Brent

Filmboydoug said:
Supposed to be decent, but inferior to the Gamma I and Gamma V.

Thanks.. I gotta do something pretty soon but, haven't decided what, yet.. It's either - find a cheapo to use while getting my NAD tuner fixed (I don't believe much is wrong with it that a good cleaning wouldn't fix.. Works fine except it doesn't like to change stations..) or break the bank to buy a "real" tuner..

I keep seeing these Nikko Gamma tuners and they would match my Beta preamp..

Thanks again, Brent

I Have a Gamma 1 and a Gamma 30

I have owned a Gamma 1 for several years. It's a very nice tuner, with good sound quality, and decent sensitivity. It's FM only though. So I bought a Gamma 30 for it's AM abilities.

The Gamma 30 I have is really mint. As nice a shape as you can hope for. Sound quality is decent, but I do not think it's in the same league as the Gamma 1. But it is hard for me to know this for sure because of some pecularities of my system.

I use a passive pre amp, and the Gamma 30 output level is not high enough to drive the amplifiers. The Gamma 1 has no issues in this regards. So it is currently residing in the system. When football season comes around I may hook the Gamma 30 back up.

But in the end both are good tuners. However I like teh Gamma 1 better.

Regards
Mister Pig

BKville said:
Thanks.. I gotta do something pretty soon but, haven't decided what, yet.. It's either - find a cheapo to use while getting my NAD tuner fixed

I have a NT-890 I could loan you till you get the NAD fixed.

Thanks... I'll keep that in mind.. Next step is to get an estimate of how much it's gonna cost me to have someone look at it..

Thanks again, Brent

Back
Top Bottom