Nikko Nostalgia and Getting Started

Chuck_it_so

Currently rocking 2 10-year old M-audio bookshelf monitors off my U-Turn (with Grado blue cartridge) and the cheapest pre-amp I could afford (at the time of purchase). Now, thanks to these cursed ears of mine (and the blessing of gainful employment), I feel ready to upgrade.

Growing up, my father had a Nikko 1019, and I can’t get that look out of my mind. He unfortunately gave it away. I have limited space, but would like to buy an old vintage tuner for around $200 (these seem not to be plentiful in the market, and I might be just as happy with a 5/7/819), as well as upgrade my speakers for around $300 (unfortunately, space is limited and the speakers need to be shorter than 10in). Am I crazy? Going about this the wrong way? Should I forgo my Nikko nostalgia? Any guidance or tips anyone could recommend would be much appreciated.

Currently rocking 2 10-year old M-audio bookshelf monitors off my U-Turn (with Grado blue cartridge) and the cheapest pre-amp I could afford (at the time of purchase). Now, thanks to these cursed ears of mine (and the blessing of gainful employment), I feel ready to upgrade.

Growing up, my father had a Nikko 1019, and I can’t get that look out of my mind. He unfortunately gave it away. I have limited space, but would like to buy an old vintage tuner for around $200 (these seem not to be plentiful in the market, and I might be just as happy with a 5/7/819), as well as upgrade my speakers for around $300 (unfortunately, space is limited and the speakers need to be shorter than 10in). Am I crazy? Going about this the wrong way? Should I forgo my Nikko nostalgia? Any guidance or tips anyone could recommend would be much appreciated.
I Have had a few Nikko compents over the years, I had a bigger Model receiver of theirs 100 watt per channel beast/ silver face...I would have to look up the model number.....It whent in a trade. Still have a Alpha 230 amp/ Beta 30 pre amp as spares. Their stuff is O.k. pretty strudy, not to many issues. Look into their separates, i.e. amp/ pre amp combos. The made a pretty cool dual mono, mosfet amp that I always wanted to check out, Nikko Alpha 2, like most of their stuff can be had for cheap... usually.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom