Nikko Owners--Show us your stuff!

The x2 EQ30m is by far the rarest in your collection and one I never owned.
Nice!

I started a year ago with one heck of a deal on my local classified for Alpha 450, Beta 30 and x2 EQ30m.

I kinda fallen in love with Nikko gear. Since them I've been looking around for more :p

I came across one guy that was selling one Alpha 230 (Red series) who knew how much they worth and told me more about the story of the brand.

In january, as I was browsing my classified website and found the holy grail! The guy had the rare BTL-1 and the ATD-1 processor for sale! I stepped on it, it took me 5 hour in a blizzard snow storm to go get it which would of taken 2 hour on a normal drive, since the guy wanted it gone asap and would of sell all of it the next day.

There is my current setup.

11507960936_858bf04a89.jpg

13726649864_c0d447c88f.jpg

From top-left (Amp Rack):
Alpha 230 (red series) - Center Speaker (Unbridged)
Alpha 230 x2 - Only one is used for the surround speakers
Alpha 450 - Front speakers
From top-Right (Processing Rack)
Gamma 40
EQ30m x2
Beta 30
ATD-1
B&K Reference 50
"Stupid" Monster PRO2500 that is supposed to suppress noise...

I use this system either for listening music or watching movies

I have lot more pictures on my flickr account! I removed the top cover on some of the gear in order to show and clean contacts where it was required. Still today I have a hard time cleaning them, I don't want the lettering to fade or get damaged.

I wish Nikko was still alive and made A\V Processor with today standards :p

LePick

Nikko STA-5010
Just picked this one up not too long ago. Needed a good cleaning of controls and exterior, and a few lamps. Sounding pretty good hooked up to a pair of Pioneer SP-BS22-LR.

Nikko STA-5010
Power output: 22 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
Year: 1973

IMG_2044.JPG IMG_2046.JPG IMG_2050.JPG IMG_2051.JPG IMG_2052.JPG

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks Gary....I owe it all to you! You do indeed know your way around silver-faced, rack handled amplifiers ( referring to those gorgeous Spec-4 amps for sale on Bartertown.)
Merry Christmas to you and your family my friend!!!!!

Here's what I got;

-Alpha 450

-Beta 30

-Gamma 30

-EQ 25

-NCD-770R

-D-80II

-All mounted in a Nikko rack

-and a large pair of craptastic looking Nikko NS-2035 speakers with grills

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom