Nikola Tesla... where is the movie?

biscuithead

Me likes the eargasm retroplasm...
I’ve seen many “documentaries” on Tesla, and I’ve read a few books, including Prodigal Genius, and I’m immensely interested in this dude.

I can’t be alone.

So much out there is conjecture, conspiracy or speculation. Yet there is also so much that is verifiable fact that is incredible.

I want to see a movie! I want a Ken Burns documentary! Or an Oliver Stone type stretch of guess, for entertainment only!

Why is there not a movie on this guy? Or is there, and I am not knowing?

The Tesla Files is 3:45 long.
Get a bigger TV and some microwave popcorn.
Ok thanks

The Tesla Files is this kind of documentary:

“It was once said that Tesla was a plant here from an alien planet... I don’t know if he was , but I’m not saying he isn’t “
When I was done watching Tesla Files, I knew the direction they wanted me to look, but I was still searching for substance... like watching Fox News.

I am sure you understand the difference between a Ken Burns documentary and a Not-umentary.

Last edited:
There's this movie, about Edison and Westinghouse. Tesla is in there too somewhere.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
That’s what I’m talking about!
Tesla’s quote from the trailer after being asked what he does: “I fix problems for idiots”.
Spectacular!

Hopefully this will spark a series of like flicks!
Thanks for that. :beerchug:

The Current War

Not in theaters near me, not at redbox, not streaming on Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu...

Anybody know if a cable channel is making a deal for it?

Need some big ball's studio to follow through, and why not. The real story of his accomplishments and ideas undermined by the wealthy and powerful needs to be remembered.

I commented in a thread somewhere on Tesla, wish I could remember the wording of it but I do stand by the thrust of it. His best ideas, like Edison, came relatively early. Unlike Edison, he lost the economic benefits of his two best ideas persueing an impractical pipe dream of wireless power distribution, and passed into obscurity, forgotten in a hotel room and feeding pigeons in the park. His downfall was self-inflicted in spite of early successes, letting the opportunity to develop wireless communication pass to others was a major loss of opportunity, but amending his agreement with Westinghouse over their power system his worst mistake as the business end was assured without his otherwise inept participation.

It would be quite shocking to see a movie about Tesla and his battle with JP Morgan and Edison. The History channel did that docuseries The Men Who Built America. That was really good, but didn’t concentrate too much on Tesla

Back
Top Bottom