Niles SSVC-4

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by chicks, Aug 4, 2013.

1. chicks

chicks Lunatic Member

Picked up a Niles SSVC-4 the other day. Was wondering what makes it so heavy. Autoformers, two (L/R) per each of four outputs. Switches vs L-Pads. This ain't yer Rat Shack speaker selector.

[​IMG]

2. Bostown

Bostown Low End Audio Enthusiast! Subscriber

I offered the 6 spaeker version in Barter Town for months, no one was into it. Eventually found a local who appreciated the sub market value , build quality, functionality and flexibility it allowed. :) i only gave it up because i have a russound unit that allows two amps and 6 speakers with volume control. still wy more than i need, but better too much than too little.

Agreed . That niles unit is a tank.

3. 1tumbleweed

1tumbleweed Kozmik Kowboy Subscriber

You answered your own question. Pretty good amount of iron in those autoformers, along with a lot of copper wire. Good solid switches too, and a thicker-than-usual PC board. Niles, Russound and SpeakerCraft make good stuff.

4. mr.jones

mr.jones AK Subscriber Subscriber

I use an Niles SVC-2 at my office and really like it. It is a heavy for it's size.

5. EyeGee

EyeGee Big Ears

Using a Niles SSVC-4 with my MAC 4100. Running 3 pair of speakers all from the MAC's "A" speaker output. I use the Niles' volume adjustment as needed. Only problem is, I would like to vary the balance on one pair of speakers. Any ideas?