No love for the Sansui TU-5500?

Tromatic

Found one today, seems to be a nice little tuner. Nothing at the TIC or anywhere else.

Playing now in place of a Fisher R-200, and I could live with the sound. Not bad.

Tromatic,
Congrats on that. There are scores of tuners that are not mentioned in TIC and scores of them are as good if not better than the ones that they listed and evaluated.

It is a great site and the work that was/is put into is phenominal and appreciated, no doubt. However, a tuner not being listed means zilch.

If you like it, it is great.

Vito

TU-5500.jpg

Nice looking tuner. Sounds good, too.

got pics of the 5500? I'd love to see it.

I'm a happy owner of the 5900 and the 717.

That's a beautiful-looking tuner. Never seen or heard one in the flesh, so I can't comment, but Sansui made several very good tuners, and that one shore looks purdy! :thmbsp:

There are many very good tuners that are not on that site.
We know.

Too many tuners, not enough time. :(

The write-ups come from members who post their impressions of a particular model in the forum.

We are always looking to expand our knowledge base, of course.

If you have (or have had) experience, either good or bad, with a particular tuner, why not join the group and tell us about it so we can increase our knowledge base?

You can reach the site through www.fmtunerinfo.com :cool:

I am a member, and need to do that. I only wish it was not so hard to navigate Yahoo forums. Could just be me, I guess.

We know.

Too many tuners, not enough time. :(

The write-ups come from members who post their impressions of a particular model in the forum.

We are always looking to expand our knowledge base, of course.

If you have (or have had) experience, either good or bad, with a particular tuner, why not join the group and tell us about it so we can increase our knowledge base?

You can reach the site through www.fmtunerinfo.com :cool:

I am a member, and need to do that. I only wish it was not so hard to navigate Yahoo forums. Could just be me, I guess.

At least in reading and responding to messages, I have mine sent to me by email. Looks like any other newsgroup or mail list that way (using Agent as my email client).

For the rest of it- files, photos, etc- yeah, you have to dig through the site. But I don't find that hard.

Tromatic:

I have an identical looking Sansui TU-7700 tuner (also in black).
I went with my father 40 years ago when he purchased it in Philly.
GREAT tuner IMO!!

Steve

I have been fortunate to have had a number of really nice tuners pass through my ears. The 5500 is right up there, I think. The three stations here in town that don't mangle their signal sound very nice.

Tromatic:

I have an identical looking Sansui TU-7700 tuner (also in black).
I went with my father 40 years ago when he purchased it in Philly.
GREAT tuner IMO!!

Steve

Sansui was known for having great tuners....

Looks good to me.....
And the tuners in their vintage receivers were equally good. :banana:

We have two (2) Sansui 2000A receivers in two different spare bedroom systems and the tuner in this inexpensive receiver is simply amazing. :thmbsp:

Great sound, excellent sensitivity, and good adjacent channel selectivity. The tuner in this vintage receiver is light years ahead in performance over the cheap IC chip tuners now used in even the most expensive A/V receivers. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom