No music for three weeks - Vendor concern

CDinMB

I have my MC30 apart on the kitchen table replacing all the components. I read a positive review of a capacitor and thought I would try them for the two .047uf caps. I ordered the caps April 25. I didn't hear anything so waited a few days and emailed them requesting a delivery date. The vendor said they had been back ordered but were already in a package ready for shipment. However, it was Thursday and because of the May Day holiday on Monday, they would go out the middle of the week? That seemed odd, but I figured, I am not German and may not understand the impact May 1 has on shipping. I was assured of a tracking number to follow. It is now a week later, no tracking number and emails are going unanswered.

Is this normal for boutique caps or should I consider this lost money and purchase from a known US vendor like I have been doing for all the other components?

It is only two caps and 108 euros but no music for over two weeks is getting to me.
Carmen

You could always slip in some mundane caps from Sprague, Illinois, Wima or other readily available cap and then swap in the exotics at your leisure. You might even show them up......

I have Jupiter HTs in the other MC30 and like them but wanted see if the more expensive caps were worth it. I am not sure I can hear the difference. I was trying to buy two and compare the 2 MC30s. May just order Sonicaps that I can get quickly and compare them to the Jupiter HTs. The Sonicaps are pretty cheap for audio caps, so I can still do a value comparison. Hopefully those other caps show up eventually and I can evaluate all three against each other.

Since I am new here, I am not sure on the rules for naming vendors, so I won't say, but I have gotten all the other caps for both units from a site sponsor (I think) who is US based. That has been a great experience; good communication and fast delivery. I will go back there. Going to Germany was to serve an experiment. It was the only source for these specific caps. Sometimes experiments fail and cost money. Lesson learned.

As an update, after sending an email saying cancel if not already shipped, I got a reply that they are preparing for a large audio show in Munich, which I found starts next week. They were too busy to send a tracking number as promised. He assured me the caps were in the mail, but still no tracking number. He wrote his other customers have no problem waiting 2-3 weeks, so it must be me.

With no delivery date I am still in the dark, so I'm going to the US source and decide later whether to try these, when they arrive. It would really piss me off if they sounded the same or worse than the $7 Sonicaps! Not sure I would want to know.

Back
Top Bottom