No NFL thread for this season yet ?

Second and goal, seconds left in the game, Lynch just rumbled for four yards ... a yard away and the O line can smell paydirt ... next call is easy!

image.jpg

He scores! Seahawks win !!! :banana::banana::banana:

(Hold the phone ... they WHAT???)

Great game though. Too bad Seattle came up 4 PSI* short ...
*Points Scored Ingame

How do they figure that ? ?
He threw 2 interceptions and numerous bad passes.
I know,I know...he broke some records,but if it wasn't for Malcolm Butler. ...and a realllllly bad play call by Bevell,the game more than likely would have been won by Seattle..

Yep, MVP is Most Valuable Player and w/o Butler's pick, Seattle most likely would have won.

That was the play of the game and he deserves the MVP.

How do they figure that ? ?
He threw 2 interceptions and numerous bad passes.
I know,I know...he broke some records,but if it wasn't for Malcolm Butler. ...and a realllllly bad play call by Bevell,the game more than likely would have been won by Seattle.
I was completely neutral so I didn't care who won,but while watching the game I started hoping Seattle would win and that Chris Matthews would be the M.V.P.

I'm not in the least a Patriots fanboy, but Brady was 13/15 in the last quarter and 8/8 in his last TD drive. His numbers in the 4th quarter surpassed Wilson's for the entire game. He was also the first in SB history to complete TD passes to 4 different receivers (or so said sports radio this morning).

MVP?

Chris Matthews ... first four NFL catches, for 109 yards, including one touchdown. Betcha they're gonna be keeping a close eye on the local Foot Locker for more prospects ... <G>

PSI ...
(oops)

PS ... I ...

... wonder where all the uproar is about the Falcons piping artificial crowd noise into their stadium during games for the last two seasons? No might have, as they've apparently already admitted it to the NFL. Then again, the latest spin is that the "they" who admitted it may not be the most reliable or official "they" required as positive proof.

Not that it did them much good with a 3-5 home record.

... on the losing team. He was great for sure, but winning the game is a prerequisite for the MVP award.

Foul! I penalize you one draft choice next season!!

51-QV9XXDzL._SY355_.jpg

Howley played with the Cowboys for 165 games over thirteen seasons, playing in two NFL Championships and helping the Cowboys reach two Super Bowls. The Cowboys finished in the top seven in the NFL in scoring defense and yards allowed in 10 of Howley’s 13 seasons with the team. He was also named Super Bowl MVP for Super Bowl V, intercepting two passes and recovering a fumble in the Cowboys 16-13 loss to the Colts.

Granted, it only happened once, and that was 45 years ago ...

NFL channel is replaying the Bowl tonite at 8:00pm ... I'd be interested to see if they edit out the scrum at the end. Bad for the image and all that ... <G>

I caught a clip on EPSN today where Gronkowski was on Kimmel Live and they showed the fight, with #87 throwing a couple haymakers.

"That wasn't me!" ;-}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na5NimCCGvM

PS ... the latest on Deflate Gate ... apparently ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen, original reporter who "broke" the news, is full of hot air. Now they're talking ONE ball that was a couple pounds under, and the other 11 "just a few ticks under the minimum." Now THAT could be one bad ball valve AND cold temps as the pressure was checked indoors.

But ... it's no longer news, so NE will most likely never be vindicated in the public press, and good luck changing public opinion (for what THAT's worth).

Last edited:
PS ... the latest on Deflate Gate ... apparently ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen, original reporter who "broke" the news, is full of hot air. Now they're talking ONE ball that was a couple pounds under, and the other 11 "just a few ticks under the minimum." Now THAT could be one bad ball valve AND cold temps as the pressure was checked indoors.

But ... it's no longer news, so NE will most likely never be vindicated in the public press, and good luck changing public opinion (for what THAT's worth).

The level of reporting has been so bad....that's the real scandal in it all to me. I don't even know if I can believe this new report. I want to, but I also would love to see Chris Carter apologize to Brady and the Pats personally for his immediate lynching - I'm not holding my breath for either. Heck, sue 'em for liable. This level of media circus "reporting" should be penalized somehow.

I'm so glad the Pats won this Super Bowl.

The level of reporting has been so bad....that's the real scandal in it all to me. I don't even know if I can believe this new report. I want to, but I also would love to see Chris Carter apologize to Brady and the Pats personally for his immediate lynching - I'm not holding my breath for either. Heck, sue 'em for liable. This level of media circus "reporting" should be penalized somehow.

I'm so glad the Pats won this Super Bowl.

Really no different than we saw here, and I wouldn't suggest holding your breath in this case either.

I saw Brady's "press" conference tonight . An amazing combination of arrogance and stupidity .

Yep ! he's a major tool ! ! . :yes:

'' I'll let you know how I feel about it.'' . :boink:

If I were R.Goodall that comment would cost him the season. . :smoke:

Back
Top Bottom