No Oscar thread?

I haven't watched them in years. Very boring.

Celebrity does not impress me. :boring:
Celebration of celebrity is even more distasteful to me. :nono:
I have never, nor will I ever, sit for one of these inner circle, exclusive clubbed, nepotism-infused, self-aggrandonizing "events" even though family sometimes will. :thumbsdn:

But I'm just angry and bitter. :dunno:

Next, I'll tell you what I REALLY think of it...

From what I see, this was a parody of something from "Birdman" but somehow isn't something I think you would have seen back in the day....

NPH.jpg

That's digusting!

Besides the lame host, I knew the Oscar show was in trouble when they showed Orca Winfrey instead of Jack Nicholson. The only way to save this bore-fest is to have it hosted by Ricky Gervais every year. It'll never happen because most actors are thin-skinned and get very angry when their feelings are hurt. Ricky proved that when he hosted the Golden Globes a couple years ago, and what a terrific host he was.

Last edited:
Simmons has a presence, he's one of those guys that draws your attention. I enjoy watching him in everything he does, even commercials. And he was the best shrink they had on Law and Order.

I thought he was exceptional as the character "Vernon Schillinger" in Oz.

Another comment regarding the Oscars. Uglying up the already unattractive Steve Carrell provided him no Oscar, which leads to the following question; which of these 3 celebrities is the most annoying--Steve Carrell, Will Farrell, or Seth Rogen? Personally, I'd call it too close to call.

Last edited:
birdman has to be one of the worst POS movies ever made.

I have to agree. Within the first 20 minutes or so of it I had a headache, and was dizzy. The directing and cinematography were horrendous. Nothing but people yelling and screaming at each other - and all the delicate egos of the washed up characters that needed constant validation. Ugh. That wasn't "drama", that was torture.

Boyhood was a much better film.

Too bad Keaton did not get an Oscar for best actor. What a disappointment. 'Only' Oscars for Birdman went to Best Director for Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Best Cinematography for Emmanuel Lubezki and Best Original Screenplay.

I liked Boyhood as well, would not say it is better. Just different. Hard to compare the two.

But MY GOD how bout that Lady Gaga!!!!!!

Last edited:
Another comment regarding the Oscars. Uglying up the already unattractive Steve Carrell provided him no Oscar, which leads to the following question; which of these 3 celebrities is the most annoying--Steve Carrell, Will Farrell, or Seth Rogen? Personally, I'd call it too close to call.

Will Farrell, unless I am watching The Wedding Crashers.

This space intentionally left blank.

Maybe flogging a dead horse here, but kinda got a kick outta the comments made three years back, and thought many of them are still relevant today.

Took a quick gander at some of the supposed runner ups, but have not seen any of them. I had a feeling for some time that this whole game of elections has become more political all the time, wherein lobbyists are attempting to right the wrongs of the past, and caring little for the quality of the productions themselves.

I usually take in the last ten mins, just to see what ended up being the ultimate three choices, then call it a night.

Anyways, bash away at the old horse.:whip: He doesn't care, cause he's dead, as many also feel the whole affair died years ago...but it still goes on, with all the barely dressed in attendance.

Q

Oscars... I believe I used to think it was relevant for some reason and may have I had a VCR too. Not completely sure, that was a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom