No voltage on pins 8-19 on SX-1050 awr 103 board????!!!!

Depends upon how loose, but possibly. They are the connection to the collector plus if loose, that transistor would heat up quicker.

Engineering background, restless mind and fingers and a 15 year homeowner.

As a mere sprout, when I was quiet for too long my mom would start looking to find where I was and what I had been taking apart, and carried screwdrivers to tighten or reassemble as needed. Of course I didn't NEED screwdrivers....

Got a little older and was an insatiable reader (read BIG dictionary when bored and nothing else available) and discovered the undersides (screened) of a console tube tv chassis. Used to lay underneath looking... Then somehow my dad got and left around an old Allied industrial electonics supply catalog. That was my rosetta stone. Resistors, Capacitors (what types for what ranges etc..) tubes, transformers etc... THEN I got an RCA receiving tube manual.... look out... more books.... started fixing the tv when a tube went out... was hard convincing the parents the FIRST time to let me pull and test the tubes at Walgreens, but when it WORKED, and no $$ for a repairman to come out...

Depends upon how loose, but possibly. They are the connection to the collector plus if loose, that transistor would heat up quicker.

Engineering background, restless mind and fingers and a 15 year homeowner.

As a mere sprout, when I was quiet for too long my mom would start looking to find where I was and what I had been taking apart, and carried screwdrivers to tighten or reassemble as needed. Of course I didn't NEED screwdrivers....

Got a little older and was an insatiable reader (read BIG dictionary when bored and nothing else available) and discovered the undersides (screened) of a console tube tv chassis. Used to lay underneath looking... Then somehow my dad got and left around an old Allied industrial electonics supply catalog. That was my rosetta stone. Resistors, Capacitors (what types for what ranges etc..) tubes, transformers etc... THEN I got an RCA receiving tube manual.... look out... more books.... started fixing the tv when a tube went out... was hard convincing the parents the FIRST time to let me pull and test the tubes at Walgreens, but when it WORKED, and no $$ for a repairman to come out...

Man that sounds familiar you too huh? You should have seen my moms face when I pulled her new radio apart. You should have seen my red ass when dad got home from work. :tears:

Seems I was into everything I could get to.

Must be a common trait on these boards, Mark your early life closely resembles mine as well. You wouldn't be a Virgo would you?

Must be a common trait on these boards, Mark your early life closely resembles mine as well. You wouldn't be a Virgo would you?

Uhh, no, left click on markthefixer and then click the View Public profile to see what folks reveal about themselves...

O.K. I just find it interesting that you were into fixing things "early" in life. I remember bugging the repairman when he came to fix our dishwasher. (I was 6). Hence my attraction at possibly fixing my water heater. And of course my SX 1050.

Mark new parts just went in and voltage adjustments were made and all is now well. We have audio!!! :banana:I am going to leave her running at reduced volume for a while and see if the static is gone as well.

I will operate on the assumption that no news is good news....

after a couple of hours to warm up re-check the offset and bias (and bias balance CAREFULLY!!).

After a couple of days of good behavior it will have earned trust. Plus the new caps will have "burned in" or "formed".

I'm toast, ttfn....

I left her on all night, and when I woke up this morning I heard the sweet sounds of music! Still no static. At the moment Mama Kitty is sleeping on her, (on wood case section, not over vents).cover is sitting on as to keep curious kitties,(we have 4) out.

This is Steves wife and all I have to say is Thank God it is over now maybe he will have the time to spend with me instead of this darn machine, and I won't have to worry about being home to meet the UPS man who I have gotten to know on a first name basis it is David. Though I will miss seeing him every week or so.
Thank God its so over.

This is Steves wife and all I have to say is Thank God it is over now maybe he will have the time to spend with me instead of this darn machine, and I won't have to worry about being home to meet the UPS man who I have gotten to know on a first name basis it is David. Though I will miss seeing him every week or so.
Thank God its so over.

Maam, I apologize for enabling your man's obsession. I only hope the enjoyment the receiver provides over the years from now on far outweigh the pain of it's resurrection.

Please come back and share in our community, at least check out The Ladies Lair, a sub-forum under the General Off Topic Forums header, near the bottom of the front page. It's where our better halves hang out and (god forbid) compare notes....

Remember, it's about the MUSIC, not about tying up a table with odd bits and pieces for weeks on end and burning fingers. I'm willing to bet you have YOUR favorite music, and if your other half doesn't explain the knobs and switches in an understandable manner to allow you to enjoy the music, there are many here who would JUMP at the chance to open someones ears and eyes.

P.s. my UPS guy just dumps the package between the front door and the screen door, and knocks softly on the front door. He only rings when it's too big to fit. Of course there was the time I had a series of boxes incoming that stacked up bigger than a sub-zero fridge... I met him at the door with a wagon for that... Surprised him at first until I mentioned package tracking on the UPS site...

Mark thank you for the response and yes i will be checking out the ladies site.
My hubbys little hobbies are really no problem for me and it does make AC DC and all the other music I listen to sound so much better so I will not complain about the loss of the office space while he did the project. Now it is just learning how to use the new receiver and having fun exploring all the different options it gives me, please understand that I am the type of woman that says "Babe its broke fix it" I am a technology dummy I know just enough to get me into trouble but not enough to get me back out of the trouble i find myself in. Steve says it will come and I will learn as I get older and use the equipment more. Maybe I need to explain that I am only 32 and not use to the older equipment with all the bells and whistles like my car I like to be able to put it in drive and go not having to do much else, but it is fun learning.
Cheryl

Meanwhle back at the reciever, our static problem has again reared its ugly head. I swapped the pre out, power in jumpers to oposite channels L-out, Right in, and the static swapped channels as well. It is not affected by volume control,balance, tone, input or filter setting.

(the post about the owners manual was also my wife.Thanks Mark)

Ok, standard questions re: static...

has it been thoroughly deoxited? all switches?

Both channels? NO? just one...
phono 1/phono2/aux affect it? no?
Stereo/mono affect it? no?
muting (-20db no effect?) ??no??
loudness no effect? ??no??
balance control affect it? no?
Volume control affect it? no?
tone on /off affect it? (off is a total bypass of the tone amp) no?
30hz filter in/out affect it ? no?
8khz filter in/out affect it? no?
BOTH 30hz and 8khz OUT affect it? (that's a total bypass of the filter amp) no?

looks like flat amp between the volume control and the output. After that the tone bypass and filter bypass eliminate all other active devices (but not the bypass switches).

Quick test is to swap Q5 & Q6 (2sk30aw)(repl:ksk30yta) and see if it moves
and then Q7 and Q8 (2sa725) (do you have any ksa733's or (ln)ksa992's?)
and see if it moves...

flat amp is behind the front panel and has volume control and a lot other panel stuff on it.

Back
Top Bottom