No voltage on pins 8-19 on SX-1050 awr 103 board????!!!!

Just as an aside, are there any VR's to replace the ones on the amp board that are not so course in their adjustments? It it very hard to get the voltages correct with the originals.

Yes, this thread has information and a link to an earlier thread where the pots were selected.

edit: the offset adjust pot is 2.2k and the bias is 470 ohms

652-3266p-1-101LF was the number for 100 ohms
652-3266p-1-501LF IS 500 ohms
652-3266p-1-202LF IS 2000 ohms (closest)

go to mouser.com and type in the 652-3266p-1-101LF number in search, the page that comes back will have a link to the electronic catalog's page 600 in .pdf click on it and you will see the variations... look them up for prices and availability. remember to choose one that allows access to the adjusting screw for your physical situation.

I was just thinking about replacing them because a finer adjustment would make life easyer. not a major concern at this point. with the tunes I'm listening to life is good.

IF you do replace them, measure each bias pot's resistance and duplicate it on the newly installed pot.

IF NOT, START from ZERO ohms on the pot's reading as that is the MINIMUM bias setting and as the resistance increases, so does the bias voltage.

It's a little trickier with the offset pot, but measuring resistance from BOTH sides to the tap and calculating a ratio to apply to the new pot's resistance readings will get you close, but this is a far more tolerant adjustment.

But frankly, at this point I personally would leave it alone unless there was SIGNIFICANT drift in the setting over time (10 % to set a number).

Mark, I think it's time to call this project a resounding success and put this baby to work, she sounds awsome! My little Sony STR-7055A is getting moved to the bedroom, along with a pair of Fisher ST-845s' I got for 20 bucks.

BTW, does anyone know the power rating on the Sony?

Mark, I want to say Thank You! You are the best, I never could have done this project without your invaluable help and knowledge. I've said it before and I'll say it again You are the man! :music::yes::thmbsp::banana:

hmmmm there is a wealth of information in this thread. I'd like to see this and some similar threads get put into a data base of knowledge of sorts. Not just made sticky but perhaps their own area? Searching and finding the correct info can sometimes be a pitta.

Just a thought

MM

Hello all this is Steve's wife again he got the sx1050 in the system and I have now played a little with it and all I can say is OH MY GOD it sounds so good I think I have fallen in love with it. AC DC, ELO, DEF LEPARD AND EVEN JAZZ sound so so good and I am hearing sounds that I didn't even know were even on the cd's I am really impressed. Mark is a real god for helping him fix it and I will never again complain about the time it took to fix it cause it was well worth it.
Happy Holidays to all and good listening to all
I know I will really enjoy it this holiday can't wait to play Manheim Steamroller and Transiberian Orchestra on it for the holidays.
Thanks so much Mark and if you ever find yourself in the SF Bay area look us up and come listen to the work you helped do.
Cheryl:music::music::music:

Hello all this is Steve's wife again he got the sx1050 in the system and I have now played a little with it and all I can say is OH MY GOD it sounds so good I think I have fallen in love with it. AC DC, ELO, DEF LEPARD AND EVEN JAZZ sound so so good and I am hearing sounds that I didn't even know were even on the cd's I am really impressed. Mark is a real god for helping him fix it and I will never again complain about the time it took to fix it cause it was well worth it.
Happy Holidays to all and good listening to all
I know I will really enjoy it this holiday can't wait to play Manheim Steamroller and Transiberian Orchestra on it for the holidays.
Thanks so much Mark and if you ever find yourself in the SF Bay area look us up and come listen to the work you helped do.
Cheryl:music::music::music:

"and I am hearing sounds that I didn't even know were even on the cd's" :yes::D

Back
Top Bottom