Nobsound EL34 Single-ended Class A tube amplifier

I smell billion dollar IPO - any device with or without patent(s)
(we can keep it a trade secret but if it's patented it has to be done worldwide),
that can detect counterfeit components (using obvious visual cues or not) is
worth BILLIONs.

first world military would pay to detect counterfeit, but more importantly,
modified (you know - insertion of micro-code virus, scanners, re-broadcasters,
etc) components going into SOTA defense systems ( you know - weapons).

totally eliminate RFID in the supply chain and also eliminate the upcoming
block chain supply chain authentication. less rays for developing that
brain cancer tumor.

with adjustments, eliminate all the R&D engineering in voicing a product
and saving hundreds of millions per company, by suggesting better
components in the sound chain. IOW expand the counterfeit detection
to several (hundred) levels like CD bit-rates.

you could then have a definitive shootout about the "BEST" cable,
cartridge, preamp, tube, resistor, speaker terminal, turntable, tonearm,
chassis, transformer, and among other things - the BEST CAPACITOR.

but I need to see the business plan on how to detect obvious counterfeits
and meanwhile I go back on my meds and I will

enjoy the music.

Anyone know why the Gemtune has white paint (or some other substance) on all the solder joints?
That is a very good question and I would like to know why it was used and what it is as well. I assumed when I looked at the amp innards that it is some kind of caulk to protect the solder joints from vibration/heat expansion and contraction damage but that was just a WAG. Since it costs money to have some one dab that stuff on the joints there must be a "real" reason.

conformal coating is usually transparent (to allow visual inspection), and is designed
to conform around the 3D real estate to act as a barrier for moisture and other things.

white paint that hides the solder joint (only? - pics please) has a different intent
that may simply be unknown - eg we're guessing at technologically positive benefits.

I use it to ID my work. after de-fluxing. etc.

conformal coating is usually transparent (to allow visual inspection), and is designed
to conform around the 3D real estate to act as a barrier for moisture and other things.

white paint that hides the solder joint (only? - pics please) has a different intent
that may simply be unknown - eg we're guessing at technologically positive benefits.

I use it to ID my work. after de-fluxing. etc.

I don't think it's paint, it seems thicker - some sort of caulking sort of like the white goop I've seen on some circuit boards to physically secure some components or cables. If you look at the pictures in the prior page some of the white stuff dripped on the chassis on the upper right hand corner and it looks thicker than paint.

I've often wondered why Chi-Fi gear gets such a bad rap. I'm sure there are some bad examples out there but I'm pretty happy with the gear I've acquired over the past few years. While I'd love to have American-made tube gear or some of the legendary vintage stuff, to me it's still all about the music. If I like what's coming out of the speakers, then I did good. If I don't, I buy something else and start over.

I've often wondered why Chi-Fi gear gets such a bad rap. I'm sure there are some bad examples out there but I'm pretty happy with the gear I've acquired over the past few years. While I'd love to have American-made tube gear or some of the legendary vintage stuff, to me it's still all about the music. If I like what's coming out of the speakers, then I did good. If I don't, I buy something else and start over.

It gets a bad rap from those who don't own the gear.

That's one of the several reasons. some are political and are borderlining being
tossed.

you get AK threads on visually "obvious counterfeits", reading about experienced
EE analysis regarding tube design, component values, QA, etc and badly re-quoting
brings out the rabid especially those who won't spend beer/cigarette money on
the many hundreds of devices available and have never heard the gear let alone own it.

That's one of the several reasons. some are political and are borderlining being
tossed.

you get AK threads on visually "obvious counterfeits", reading about experienced
EE analysis regarding tube design, component values, QA, etc and badly re-quoting
brings out the rabid especially those who won't spend beer/cigarette money on
the many hundreds of devices available and have never heard the gear let alone own it.

That's why you have to be careful of who's advice or opinion you even value. So many fakes and trolls. I have a few go to guys on this forum because they actually have experience and haven't once steered me in the wrong direction.

How well do these Nobsound EL34 PSVANE amps light up in the dark? Considering one for the glow as much as the sound.

Got mine a month ago from fleabay and matched with KEF Q150 for desk top near-field system. The BEST bang for buck and I've owned countless amps and a real fan of Chinese gears and especially the amps.

care to share a photo of the insides?
Got mine a month ago from fleabay and matched with KEF Q150 for desk top near-field system. The BEST bang for buck and I've owned countless amps and a real fan of Chinese gears and especially the amps.

Back
Top Bottom