Nobsound Little Bear T7 Vacumn Tube Mini Phono Pre-Amp

Discussion in 'New Gear - Values' started by HiFiJeff, Nov 27, 2018.

1. HiFiJeff

HiFiJeff Super Member

Please register to disable this ad.

2. grantly

grantly AK Subscriber Subscriber

3. KlipschFan61

KlipschFan61 Smooth Jazzer

MIne sounded pretty good. Swapped out the stock tubes for a 'matched' pair of JAN GE 5654s and it served its purpose well. I've since upgrade to the Yaqin MS-23B but I still use the Little Bear upstairs on the Tech 12.

4. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Lunatic Member

It's AC.

Jeff, your $30 FX is DC 12V and with a $30 Pyramid regulated power supply it is stupid good.

KlipschFan61 likes this.
  5. Dr. Ears

Dr. Ears AK Subscriber Subscriber

You should try a pair of 5751's, black plates only,in your Yaqin, they are known as an audiophile's 12AX7 because they offer only 70% of the gain of a 12AX7, which means lower noise and distortion, they are especially good in phono sections.

KlipschFan61 likes this.
  6. KlipschFan61

I will look into that. I'm currently using a matched set of 1958 RCA Slanted D-getter 12AX7's and found them to be nice and buttery with plenty of gain.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. bigx5murf

bigx5murf AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have this, it's a terrible phono, very low output, and poor SQ. There's a switch to just use it as a tube pre, it works ok in that way.

8. KlipschFan61

Didn't work out for you huh?

9. bigx5murf

bigx5murf AK Subscriber Subscriber

What do you mean? I bought it on one of the aliexpress sales for like $40 shipped. It works, and does what it says it does, just not very well. I did try tube rolling, since I had a bunch already.(GE Jan5654, voshklods, a few others). As a phono, it's a terrible device, extremely low output volume, and what you get sounds broken. I have 3 other cheap phonos that are worlds beyond this device (rolls vp, realistic 42-2101a, ps audio phono II). As a tube buffer pre, it works fine, but there are devices that are cheaper that do exactly this.

10. wushuliu

wushuliu AK Subscriber Subscriber

The 1 star reviews are scathing and consistent. This isn't a well-designed unit like the FX Audio pre in the other thread. Internals look like the typical cheap Chinese pres. It's luck of the draw with these - maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. Maybe it'll work for a while, maybe it won't.

E.Man likes this.