Noise Cancelling headphones recommendation

If you prefer earphones to headphones, then the Audio Technica’s ANC23 will wow you with its bang for the bucks. Again, this is an older set of headphones, but price drops over the years have made it possibly the best sub-$50 noise cancelling headphones around today.

What I'm wanting these for is around the house, to use in bed at night. Between the neighbor's dog and my wife snoring, I'mreally hurting for some good sleep, so the noise caancelling aspect is important.

Just a though but your wife may have sleep apnea. A high percentage of snorers do. But if not try buying her a chin strap. OK, just read that she has already seen a Dr. and sleep apnea was ruled out.

Last edited:
These are no Parrot's or Bose but for a paltry 39 bucks the PhilipsSHB8750NC/27 wireless will give you very good bang for the buck. Excellent range, battery life, and for the money, SQ. Cons, little bass, voicing tends more to the high frequencies, (maybe sounds that way because of so little bass), tend to slip off of my head and noise cancelling although rated by Philips at up up 97% noise cancellation it's the "up to" that matters. It works but 97%? Not really suggesting these are what you're looking for but it won't hurt to look. They are inexpensive but Philips makes pretty good inexpensive stuff. FWIW.

I've used Bose noise cancelling headphones for over 10 years. I upgraded to the 15s as soon as they were available & Bose gave me a 50% price reduction for trading in my old 3s. They really are the very best when flying long haul which I often do. They provide a world of quiet solitude in which to work & sleep & are incredibly comfortable. The customer support is absolutely top notch. Highly recommended.

I've had Bose QC20 as well and I really liked them a lot. The noise cancelling technology has gotten so good over the past few years that you can find really good noise cancelling headphones for under $100 and even at the $200 price point. I still like the over the ear vs ear bud types of headphones which seem to be really popular these days.

Back
Top Bottom