Noisy 2325??

Zinker

I'm in love with my 4300
Hey guys ,

I have a 2325 that's making strange sounds. :confused:Seems that if you select phono and turn the volume up with no TT connected the reciever makes a sound like radio static. Then if you select either tape setting, and again turn the volume up, (again with nothing connected) it almost sounds like a hum or short of some kind. Correct me but should the amp be totally quiet in both cases??? I'm sure this reciever has never been tampered with or changed from it's original manufactured state. Time to recap?????

Thanks guys, Peace :banana::banana::banana:

Help!!!!

Okay I'm just asking for a little help, ANYBODY!!!!!

An idea, or guess????? I KNOW somebody out there has had this happen to them.....:scratch2:

Have you tried cleaning the function switch and all the pots with Deoxit? Try messing with the switches and tape monitor and see if there is any change. Or try tuning in a station and see if you now hear the station bleeding through if so it may just need to be cleaned.

Some noise or hum from the phono amp with volume at maximum is normal. With no TT connected, you should at least terminate the phono inputs with shorting plugs.
On the other hand, the 2325 often has noisy transistors in the phono preamp (2SC458) If the noise sounds like a campfire, replace those transistors with a modern loiw noise npn transistor.

Helmut

Helmut is good man, provides good advice...next time in Deutschland, I buy him a beer.... :beerchug:

jk

Thanks!!!!! I'm VERY grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thmbsp:

You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Back
Top Bottom