Noisy Schiit Mani - Please Help

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by Luis.correia, May 17, 2017.

1. EK517

EK517 New Member

Voltage too high - yes, I can see that being a problem. Not so much about too low, and would be curious to get an educated explanation why.

2. Luis.correia

Luis.correia Well-Known Member

Me too. Maybe does not do any damage, but the sound may not sound as good?

3. Luis.correia

Contacted schiit support. They pointed out that he schiit mani works with AC current and not DC.

Well.... it worked... :) I will not try it. :)

4. Awesomeaudio

Awesomeaudio AK Subscriber Subscriber

Was the cable tv contraption fitted to ALL power circuits in your house ?
    How many power circuits do you have ?
    Have you tried hooking your TT gear to a circuit that doesn't have influence by the contraption ?
    Otherwise, you may have to get the cable TV to the bedroom via hard wiring and ditch the contraption.
    Have you asked the cable company for a solution ?

5. hjames

hjames Nabbed ... Subscriber

Bingo - do it RIGHT and run coax to your kids room -
    pumping RF/data across powerlines is asking for interference ...
    which is what you got.

6. TobascoKid

TobascoKid Active Member

You are blaming the Mani’s problems because some company retrofitted an unusual signal system in your home later?

I must be thinking wacky.

I would think the cable company gets the blame. Until they walked in, there was no problem. They screwed up and might have given you a half block transmitter.

The cable people created your problem. Your Mani did not.

7. riksors

riksors Active Member

Would like to know a fix as well. My brother has one and it is picking up an AM freq signal.

8. jetstream

jetstream Active Member

True, but that is not a problem for the other preamps he has, that are even cheaper.

EK517 likes this.
  9. EK517

EK517 New Member

There is a whole thriving market of power conditioning, smoothing, moisturizing, nurturing not to mention anti-aging.

Companies like ART looked at it, said pffff, and added a few cents worth of parts to rectify and smooth the current.
    In other words, they made sure the ripple that passes is not in the audible range. They make pro audio equipment that is used in studios and in the field; the philosophy is that it should work without excuses or blaming or faulting anyone.

The other philosophy is more like Homer Simpson's "Can't someone else do it".

10. Luis.correia

Agree , but the mani could be more isolated. The much cheaper dj art pre is silent.

But yes, strictly speaking it's not the mani fault.

11. Luis.correia

Not yet. I am moving to a new house soon. Not going to deal with this now. For now the dj art pre II is rocking :)

12. Djcoolray

Djcoolray Super Member

Being in Germany for ten years, I'd say that using a satellite system would be the easiest. Then there is always running a long cable and I don't think you can filter that out cheaply....