Noisy Schiit Mani - Please Help

Voltage too high - yes, I can see that being a problem. Not so much about too low, and would be curious to get an educated explanation why.
Contacted schiit support. They pointed out that he schiit mani works with AC current and not DC.

Well.... it worked... :) I will not try it. :)

OK... GOT IT!

Found out the cause. Just don't know how to solve it.

Last week I had the cable tv company come in and install a new setup box for a new TV in my kids bedroom. Because it wasnt possible to pass a cable to their room, they installed a contraption that propagates the signal through the electrical network inside the house.

When I disconnected it... the buzz went away.

Schiit!!!!

now.. how can I solve it without disconnecting the TV on my kids room? :) Between the schii mani and having some peace and quiet... the schiit will loose :)

Maybe some sort f filtered power outlet?

Was the cable tv contraption fitted to ALL power circuits in your house ?
How many power circuits do you have ?
Have you tried hooking your TT gear to a circuit that doesn't have influence by the contraption ?
Otherwise, you may have to get the cable TV to the bedroom via hard wiring and ditch the contraption.
Have you asked the cable company for a solution ?

Have you tried hooking your TT gear to a circuit that doesn't have influence by the contraption ?
Otherwise, you may have to get the cable TV to the bedroom via hard wiring and ditch the contraption.

Bingo - do it RIGHT and run coax to your kids room -
pumping RF/data across powerlines is asking for interference ...
which is what you got.

…the cable tv company come in and install a new setup…wasnt possible to pass a cable…they installed a contraption that propagates the signal through the electrical network inside the house.

You are blaming the Mani’s problems because some company retrofitted an unusual signal system in your home later?

I must be thinking wacky.

I would think the cable company gets the blame. Until they walked in, there was no problem. They screwed up and might have given you a half block transmitter.

The cable people created your problem. Your Mani did not.

There is a whole thriving market of power conditioning, smoothing, moisturizing, nurturing not to mention anti-aging.

Companies like ART looked at it, said pffff, and added a few cents worth of parts to rectify and smooth the current.
In other words, they made sure the ripple that passes is not in the audible range. They make pro audio equipment that is used in studios and in the field; the philosophy is that it should work without excuses or blaming or faulting anyone.

The other philosophy is more like Homer Simpson's "Can't someone else do it".

You are blaming the Mani’s problems because some company retrofitted an unusual signal system in your home later?

I must be thinking wacky.

I would think the cable company gets the blame. Until they walked in, there was no problem. They screwed up and might have given you a half block transmitter.

The cable people created your problem. Your Mani did not.
Agree , but the mani could be more isolated. The much cheaper dj art pre is silent.

But yes, strictly speaking it's not the mani fault.

Not yet. I am moving to a new house soon. Not going to deal with this now. For now the dj art pre II is rocking :)

OK... GOT IT!

Found out the cause. Just don't know how to solve it.

Last week I had the cable tv company come in and install a new setup box for a new TV in my kids bedroom. Because it wasnt possible to pass a cable to their room, they installed a contraption that propagates the signal through the electrical network inside the house.

When I disconnected it... the buzz went away.

Schiit!!!!

now.. how can I solve it without disconnecting the TV on my kids room? :) Between the schii mani and having some peace and quiet... the schiit will loose :)

Maybe some sort f filtered power outlet?

Being in Germany for ten years, I'd say that using a satellite system would be the easiest. Then there is always running a long cable and I don't think you can filter that out cheaply....

Back
Top Bottom