Nominations open for Audiokarma 2017 Member of the Year

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
Ladies and Gentlemen, there is one piece of business, from 2017, which remains unfinished. It is (past) time for us to select the Audiokarma Member Of The Year, for 2017.

This member should represent the very best of what AK has grown to become.....it could be a good friend, someone who has helped the membership to a great degree, someone who made you laugh, or just someone who you really feel is an unsung hero. I can't speak for others, but, having been named Member of the Year, in 2005, along side the legendary EchoWars, I have to say that I am touched by this honour. The plaque hangs in my office, where I can see it.

Roster of past Members of the Year:

2003 EchoWars
2004 EchoWars
2005 EchoWars and luvvinvinyl
2006 merrylander
2007 jaymanaa
2008 markthefixer
2009 fotno
2010 Zilch
2011 Fisherdude
2012 JohnVF and Rome
2013 Buglegirl
2014 Mike Gibson
2015 4-2-7
2016 HarmanKardon

You can cast your vote for the member of your choice as AK Member of the Year, by sending an email to luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org, with MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2017 as the subject. Please include your AK username, the name of the person for whom you are voting, and, if you like, a few words about why you chose as you did. Any member in good standing may vote. I will tally up the votes, and the person receiving the most votes will be declared the winner. Voting will close at 11:59 p.m. EST, Monday, February 26th, 2018.

Please exclude Admins from the selection process. Any other member, in good standing, including all the Moderation staff, is eligible to win.

Speaking from personal experience, this is a very important part of Audiokarma, and for those so honoured. Please participate in this process. Email me your vote to luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org. Thanks.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT NOMINATE ANY OF OUR SEVERAL RECENTLY-DEPARTED MEMBERS. WHILE WE ALL MISS THEM, PLEASE KNOW THAT WE ARE PREPARING AN IN MEMORIAM AREA WHEREIN WE CAN PERMANENTLY REMEMBER OUR FRIENDS, GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. LET'S HONOUR OUR BEST, WHILE THEY CAN ENJOY IT. THANK YOU.

p.s. A couple of words of clarification, based on conversation from past elections. This process is your vote. Send in the name of the person you feel most deserves this honour, and it will be counted, along with all the others. The person with the most votes will be declared the winner.

Second, PLEASE email your vote. luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org is the address to use, even if you have another one for me.

Thanks, and remember, VOTE EARLY, but just ONCE.

I want to say a special "Thank You!" to Chris, HarmanKardon, our incumbent Member of the Year, whose term is about to end.

Chris, you have represented AudioKarma well, this past year, and I thank you for honouring the site, and all of us, with your comportment.

Well done, sir, and thank you.

Thank you Ernie, thank you everybody so very much! Love ya folks!

Now I want to beg anyone of you for not voting for me again.

Any vote for me would be a wasted one. There are so many other members who deserve the vote.

I hope for a very active interest in the 2017 MOTY nomination! Cast your vote NOW!

Last edited:
Thank you Ernie, thank you everybody so very much! Love ya folks!

Now I want to beg anyone of you for not voting for me again.

Any vote for me would be a wasted one. There are so many other members who deserve the vote.

I hope for a very active interest in the 2017 MOTY nomination! Cast your vote NOW!
Two wishes, hmm?

I pains me to have to tell you that neither wish is being granted.

A vote for you was the first one I received.

Interest seems to be down this year, sad to say.

Changed my signature.

Any of my 47000 (+) posts got this one, that should actually a bit helpful, Ernie.

:)

Last edited:
I still have to think of someone...
This right here, and the MOTY vote for me is a personal one, I think of someone who has just been a good member. This member stands out to me without any persuasion of outside forces, just how I see them act all year.

My feelings this year, unlike any of the past years I'v been apart of, there has been a lot of activism, promotion and persuasion. Members posting open threads as to who, what group and what reason you should vote for a specific individual or sub forum group of members. This practice in my mind does a great disservice to this site honoring a real MOTY. Turning it into a popularity contest between a collective small group.

I see almost 242,000 members here, many just read and are not actively posting comments and just reading what they are interested in. We have many sub forums, a few I myself don't have any interest in or participation, and I'm sure others are the same way. Some members come here for one reason, and or forum to read and or participate in.

Myself I vote for members who I see helping everyone, spreading cheer and supporting everyone through good and bad all over the site. A welcoming member who can be there as a friend if times are bad or good. They will be the ones who step up to support the site and community and see a need to make things better for all.

I really don't come here for audio, and you'll see my vote is not for audio related knowledge or technical assistance. You can also see a great majority of the past MOTY are not there for any other reason but having a good heart and someone you would love to just have as a friend. Someone if they asked for your help or you needed some you would stand side by side with them in a collective effort to make things better.

I was thinking about pulling out of voting for someone this year, but I think I just talked my self into a member. Just maybe my vote will counter act all the other activism, promotion and persuasion I'v seen this year.

I'll send a vote in but with some reservations about the whole MOTY thing. Anything that turns into a lobbying or popularity contest can wind up doing more harm than good.

I agree with 4-2-7's comments above but will add something to them. How about if we consider MOTY in two distinct categories that seems different enough to me to warrant separate consideration.

- Good AK Citizenship as 4-2-7 describes.

- Valuable technical contributions. We have people here who consistently provide great information and support for many of us.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Vote sent.

I respect your comment. But in my opinion, the MOTY thing is rather a tribute to a notable member than a popularity contest. Generally I think that discussing the MOTY is not the actual topic of this thread. So...

Last edited:
I'll send a vote in but with some reservations about the whole MOTY thing. Anything that turns into a lobbying or popularity contest can wind up doing more harm than good.
AK had a terrible experience with just such an episode quite a few years ago.

I thought about voting but when I click on to the link to vote it tries to open an email service that I don't have an account with, oh well.

Back
Top Bottom