None of the Google links to Audiokarma work

ChopperChas

Lets face it, forum search engines suck. Google does a great job indexing audiokarma... and I can find anything almost immediately. But after the new forum software change, none of the google links work! There's got to be a way to restore all those links to the original posts! Please!!!

Charles.

Luck of the draw really. Any "bad" links ...That's on goooOOOoogle ... might take them a bit to catch up with the changes here, but they will eventually. Even then, it might take a bit for all the server farms to synch up properly.

Somebody mentioned there were something like 180 robots crawling around here the other day ... half of those were probably search engines reindexing the board.

That said, I just poked around a bit, and didn't have any problems with getting good links. Which brings us back to ... luck of the draw, eh.

So, you're saying it's an intentional change. The locations of the posts have all changed, and rather than implement a simple PHP script (or whatever this board runs on) to redirect the old links to the new content, you're just sitting idly by and hoping google does the job for you? In the meantime, the board is not searchable. Great.

Charles.

How could a forum software change NOT be an intentional change in location? The software converted the links from vBulletin to XenForo.

Have you tried the site engine, especially the advanced search, or are you merely dismissing it out of hand?

The board has 41+ TB of data to index. I believe it is finished, within the site. You want us to fix Google, too?

... in your spare time of course. <G>

Don't forget Yahoo, and I do believe there's someone here who uses Bing ... ;)

As mentioned, it must be luck of the draw. Just for shitzengiggles, I did a couple of the old mail.audiokarma.net links and those are redirecting to the XenForo (this) site.

OP, have you tried the XenForo search? Works for me, far better than the previous one ever did. Appears to use AND logic on words now, so narrows down pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom