Noob question

JesusChrysler

...drives a Dodge ; )
Okay, really dumb question here:

I have a Marantz Model `1060 amp that I want to connect to a Marantz Model 2216 receiver..... Imagine I have never hooked up an amp before... In laymens terms, what goes where? Do I jack into the Main Input; or Tuner, or Aux, or.... Can someone shed some light over here?

Many thanks

Matt

JesusChrysler said:
Okay, really dumb question here:

I have a Marantz Model `1060 amp that I want to connect to a Marantz Model 2216 receiver..... Imagine I have never hooked up an amp before... In laymens terms, what goes where? Do I jack into the Main Input
Yes, Main Input of 1060 to Pre Out of 2216 (if it has one, let me check...)
Errr... nope, the 2216 doesn't have a Pre Out.

Matt, what are you trying to accomplish? If you just want to use the 2216 as a tuner, connect the 2216 tape out to the tuner input of the 1060.

Well, I want to get more wattage via the 1060; the receiever is already hooked up all around to CD player; tape deck, and phonograph. The only thing I see to hook into is the AUX on the back of the 2216... And the 1060 has Main Input, and 4 options under Input: Tuner, Aux, Tape and Phono.... Mebbe something doesn't work, as I have tried a variety of connections... I know it is incredibly basic, but I can't get it to work.

==frustrated==

Matt

JesusChrysler said:
Well, I want to get more wattage via the 1060; the receiever is already hooked up all around to CD player; tape deck, and phonograph. The only thing I see to hook into is the AUX on the back of the 2216... And the 1060 has Main Input, and 4 options under Input: Tuner, Aux, Tape and Phono.... Mebbe something doesn't work, as I have tried a variety of connections... I know it is incredibly basic, but I can't get it to work.

==frustrated==

Matt
Don't worry, everything works fine and you have connected everything correctly, it's just that the 2216 is one of the basic Marantz receiver models and does not have Pre Out jacks.
Basically you can either use RichPA's suggested Tape Out on the 2216 to drive the 1060 (in which case you lose the ability to record to tape) or upgrade your 2216 to another model (e.g. the 2226 has the Pre Out).

Yes, use the tape out from the 2216 - it will do your source switching, and the 1060 volume control will control the volume for you.

Back
Top Bottom