Norah Jones - The Fall

Thanks for the Great Reviews everyone.

Has anyone heard the Vinyl? As in this thread, people mention the compression of the sound on the CD. I am wondering if it sounds the same on vinyl.

Thanks,

Dennie

I put this cd on tonight and I must admit, I'm really enjoying it. I think this album rewards repeated listens for those who were a bit unsure to start with.

Thanks for the Great Reviews everyone.

Has anyone heard the Vinyl? As in this thread, people mention the compression of the sound on the CD. I am wondering if it sounds the same on vinyl.

Thanks,

Dennie

I own the Vinyl , from what i have read the Vinyl sounds much more "open" & less compressed , I really love the new album .
That said , the Quality of the Vinyl itself is not the best pressing , they all seem to come with scuff marks & involve some surface noise , if it were not for that it would be an amzing sounding album .

I own the Vinyl , from what i have read the Vinyl sounds much more "open" & less compressed , I really love the new album .
That said , the Quality of the Vinyl itself is not the best pressing , they all seem to come with scuff marks & involve some surface noise , if it were not for that it would be an amzing sounding album .

Thanks David, That is what I've been waiting for. Now do you have the 180gram or regular LP? I think Elusive Disk or Music Direct is offering the 180g.

Dennie

I like about everything Nora does. Never get tired of hearing her.

Well, I received the 180g vinyl yesterday and gave it a spin last night. I really like this album. I've liked all of her work so far, so I thought I would like this one too.

The vinyl is very clean. It does have some surface noise, but it is really not bad. I have not heard the CD yet, but if your into vinyl, this is a pretty safe way to go. The sound quality is good and the content is too.

NorahJonesTheFall.jpg

Thanks for the reviews everyone!

Dennie

I like her Peter Malick work the best. Wish they'd work together again.

The Fall is mastered too loud for me.

I like her Peter Malick work the best. Wish they'd work together again...

I still feel that this album, more than any she's done since, really show what she's capable of.

It's a great album, even if it is only seven tracks.:yes:

If you haven't done so, give a listen to two of her other projects. They are my favorites by far:

Little Willies

The Peter Malick Group featuring Norah Jones ~ New York City

Both are outstanding albums.

JD

+1 on the work she did with Peter Malick Group. I like The Fall but I see it as a sideways move for her, exploring a less melodic and darker genre. I can't say I find the CD particularly well engineered, I'd like to hear to the vinyl release.

I'm sure everyone's aware we're discussing Ravi Shankar's daughter.

I like The Fall but...I can't say I find the CD particularly well engineered, I'd like to hear to the vinyl release.

The Fall is mastered too loud for me.

I'm somewhat heartened to hear others who are Norah fans decry the production quality of "The Fall" as I did earlier in the thread. Makes me want to know what kind of system/speakers those who hear shortcomings and poor production choices are using. I find it sounds worse the better the system I play it on.

For instance, it sounds great in the ten-speaker system in my '95 BMW 5-series, worse but tolerable using my smaller JBLs such as L96 or L80T, or even L5 and L7. But it's almost difficult to listen to on my 4345s and I often have to "chase" it with something with a female vocal and quality production just to reassure myself that my ears and my system aren't at fault. In some cases that palette cleanser has been "The Hunter" by Jennifer Warnes. Or maybe some male vocals like Chris Whitley to really clean out the horns. Or even some older Norah...

Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom