North Carolina anyone?

Discussion in 'Regional Clubs' started by telemike, Aug 9, 2016.

1. southportjac

southportjac AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm in New Bern now too. Any other New Bern people on the board?

2. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

So far I've received zero PM's from people who would be interested in getting together in the Charlotte area. Looks like there's very little interest, just people increasing their post counts..lol

3. welcomdmat

welcomdmat AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am in Chapel Hill. For me, Charlotte is basically in western SC.

I would love a get together, but it would have to be somewhere with gear to listen to. From reading, Rocky Mount seems to be a pretty centralized hub -- or maybe Fayetteville. The Triangle would be an hour away, the Triad would be 2 (or so) away, the "coast" would be 2 or so away.

Chapel Hill is another great spot!

I will keep an eye out for a get together!

4. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

NC is too wide for there to be just one meet, so as someone said before, there needs to be a Raleigh area meet, and a Charlotte meet, or even have a separate one for the Greensboro area.

5. welcomdmat

I agree. I would open to coordinate a Greensboro/ Raleigh/ Fayetteville/ Rocky Mount group. Chapel Hill would be a very central location. (My home of Pittsboro would be even more so).

If Wilmington was a part of the group, Rocky Mount or Asheboro could be great meet up points.

I would happily include Charlotte. I have only been there because they have a Tanger outlet. Are there other things in Charlotte?

6. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

Great, you get the Eastern part, I'll take the Charlotte area. Now we just need all the people that have posted here to PM us with their contact info, and volunteer to host an event (there should be a good portion of people with good systems on here to do so). Do you want to host the first GtG at your place?

Again, I don't have my system hooked back up since moving.

welcomdmat likes this.
  7. welcomdmat

I am open to hanging out with members. My system is vinyl based and modest. I can accommodate other pieces with notice!

8. Wolverine

Wolverine AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am a bit northeast of everyone but would certainly make the trip for any get together in NC within a couple of hours drive.

9. Todd Dodds

Todd Dodds AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm west of Charlotte, closer to Asheville, just off I-26. Charlotte would work fine for me. At some point, I would really like to host an event because I could sure use input from others regarding my setup.
    So, what do you folks envision happening at one of these meets? A mini swap meet? Gear shoot outs? Just some listening and gab-fest?

PM'ing Hobie1dog...

10. Nappyzulu

Nappyzulu New Member

In Raleigh let's plan something know several people who have been talking about starting a group that meets regularly to talk about audio

welcomdmat likes this.
  11. welcomdmat

I am not far from Raleigh, and I would be interested in attending the group. I would learn more than contribute.

12. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

Usually no swap meet stuff as no one likes to drag around equipment, but bringing along equipment to swap around for comparison is encouraged if the host permits it. Listening to different components is what's fun.. Hopefully besides meeting new people, listening to great systems that have been put together with lots of time and money is the goal.

Todd Dodds, I left a phone message.

Todd Dodds likes this.
  13. Todd Dodds

Todd Dodds AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sorry about missing your call. The past several weeks, I've been getting bombarded with junk/scam/robocalls, despite the so-called no call list.
    Ill get back to you...