North Texas

LSAF is this May in Dallas. May 3-5. embassy suites by the tollway

Free audio show that is a mix of diy and professional rooms. People rent a room and set up there systems. You walk room to room and enjoy music and probably a cold one. Very low key relaxing show. Great mix of different types of systems. I have been the last 4 years and always enjoy it.

Had to reflect on first system.
Sansui receiver, akai gx cassette and a linear turntable. The sound of music improved with some names. And disappointed with some others.
Have eyes and ears open for repair/refurb of amps and such.
I did keep my brothers Teac A-103.

Welcome to AK. There are quite a few members in the north Texas area. I am new to this hobby and the people here have been extraordinarily nice.

Justbob, there is a place in Hurst with a lot of used equipment - Dallas vintage audio - on Bedford rd I believe. Also, there is a stereo equipment swap meet coming up on April 27 in Mineola Tx. Not sure what to expect there but I know one of one fellow who does exceptional rebuild work who will be taking equipment there.

I'm in Arlington TX.
About 4 years ago someone did a DFW/North Texas roll call - here's the thread but it hasn't been updated in a while...

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/dfw-area-akers-roll.415088/

Michael in Arlington/Mansfield. I'm the author of the cited post but have been out of the hobby for about four years. I'm gradually creeping back in and am glad to see lots of new blood in the area! Chime in on the other thread if you're so inclined and I'll get you added to the list.

Michael in Arlington/Mansfield. I'm the author of the cited post but have been out of the hobby for about four years. I'm gradually creeping back in and am glad to see lots of new blood in the area! Chime in on the other thread if you're so inclined and I'll get you added to the list.
Howdy Michael, add to list. I am out and in.

Arlington here. Been involved in the audio game pretty much my whole life. I enjoy it very much, though, i dont like moving my titanic gear around as much anymore.

Unfortunately I could not make it this year. Babysitter fell through.

How was it?

This is the first one I've been to in five years (I went in '12, '13, and '14). The shows I went to in prior years had audio rooms across three floors and set ups in several of the conference rooms. This year had rooms on one floor and only one conference room in use. In spite of it being much smaller, there was still some interesting stuff to see and hear. Turnout seemed pretty good, though. I was there on Sat from around 11-2 and most all the rooms always had several people in there...so attendance numbers are strong. Hopefully this will encourage more participation next year.

3C05C016-5268-41FE-AEBF-4E4438926FB3.png 509F0A0F-583B-4C58-8D9E-B77F8FD294D5.jpeg 39B28AFF-023C-4149-BEF9-E9A150D8BAED.jpeg A22840F3-277F-4695-82C8-AAE1A03D8A85.jpeg D17E4E47-845F-4D0F-BAA4-CEAB30420F2C.jpeg 7A6FA56B-929F-4798-94F5-397BF9E06629.jpeg 1357311E-98E1-4A45-BE70-3E0890E039EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe next year, with my wife's help, I can bring my SX-1980, my HD880's and DS940's. I'm trying to get ahold of my friend I sold my Model Sevens to, but have not been able to.

The show was smaller this year. Last year there were systems in the big rooms downstairs plus the 2nd and some on the 3rd. Every year I have been the turn out is similar but different.
I always looked forward to Pete Millets room and Bob Brines room. But Pete moved out of state I think and Bob decided to retire. Hopefully new faces will expand the rooms at the show.

Back
Top Bottom