NOS Sony CDP-75ES

telemike

Picked up a NOS Sony ES CD player on eBaybay to go with my STR-GX10ES. Wasn't really looking for a changer, but being new, why not. Has good detail and imaging. My Pioneer PD5700 seems more laid back.

IMG_20171115_160503065.jpg IMG_20171115_161542798.jpg

Was it actually NOS or had someone just kept the box? Looks like it has been taped up and resealed many times.

They are a good machine- enjoy. :)

It was listed as new. Missing the manual though. Had the transport lock key and note on it.

** Brand New**
Box is pretty weathered, torn and open but unit is still in original manufacturing wrapping/Packaging. Manual is missing.

I am so far impressed with the sound of this player. Not sure what DAC is inside. I think this is edging the DVP-S7700 out. Some detail seems clearer and spatially better.

2 things that do bug me. First, the power is controllable via remote control, so I just plugged it into the switched outlet on the receiver. And it doesn't have the exchagne a disk while playing capability. The tray is plastic,but feels pretty sturdy.

I think I have the precursor to that, the cdp-c 705. The right side button layout is identical. Though it is a non ES model it is heavy and I read somewhere (probably on here) that it is essentially the same as one of the ES models. While I havent listened to it a lot, I seem to recall I was pleased with its sound. I also bought a subsequent model to yours new (8ES) and that thing was a plastic POS that lasted about 3 years. Thing was literally psycho, did whatever it wanted to at times. The tray never looked straight (down more on right) and Ive seen 4 or so 7ES, 8ES or 9ES at thrifts and they all were lower on the right as well. Long story short, as restorer-john mentioned, you got a good one, and probably one of last desirable carousel changers Sony made. What is the manufacture date? Sticker should be on back.

It looks like the CDP-C705 is the same as the CDP-C75ES

Back
Top Bottom