Not a Subscriber yet? Contest for you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
Okay, things being what they are, here there and everywhere, we have lots of members, here on AK, who are not subscribers. There are many benefits to being a subscriber, including account upgrades and enhancements,

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124857&highlight=subscriber

and even additional discounts on your purchases from Grant Fidelity.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240363

The access to buy and sell on Barter Town, alone, will pay dividends galore. From time to time, we make additional upgrades, as well.

So, since not everyone can see their way clear to find the $25, or is on the fence about the value, AK is coming to the rescue.

For the simple effort of posting to this thread, by non-subscribers, only, we will draw names, and award, FREE, one-year subscriptions, to the winners. How many, you may ask? Well, for every fifty names, or portion, thereof, of non-subscribers posting, we will draw a name and award a one-year subscription. So, up to 50 posters, one winner; 51-100 posters, two winners, and so on. One post per person, please, and no subscribers posting, please.

EDIT: FOUR generous AKers, most of whom who wish to remain anonymous, are paying for four additional subscriptions, so the minimum will be FIVE winners from the list of posters, for the first 50 posters, and an additional one for each additional 50 or part thereof.

All posts to this thread, before the deadline of 11:59 pm, EST, Sunday, October 25th, 2009, will be eligible.

So, all you folks who have not yet become a subscriber, here's your chance to check it out, on our dime. Get your post in here.

Great idea Luvvinvinyl :thmbsp:

The thread with the subscriber info you linked to has all the current subscriber benefits listed but they are spread out over several pages. I think the following shows all the current benefits of being a subscriber, I hope this helps people make the decision to become an Audiokarma subscriber.

What's up with all the red badges under User names? They're Subscribers!

How are donations and subscriptions different?

Hitting the "Donate" button is just that - making a donation. AK appreciates it, it keeps the server running and the site up. (We use a little bandwidth, too. :D )

A Subscription is set up through your User Control Panel, and while it does get money to AK, it also offers you a few bonuses, as well:

• Private forums only for Subscribers (including Barter Town, for 'insider' buying and selling).
  • PM capacity increases to 1250.
  • Picture storage increases to 100 MB (Reg. members get 20 MB).
  • Create photo albums on your user profile page with 2.5 MB of storage space (Reg. members get 1 MB).
  • You can delete your own posts.
  • The ability to add a poll to a thread.
  • Bigger signature limit.
  • Choose to display your name in "Subscriber Red".
  • Use animated gifs as your Avatar.
  • Gain the ability to be "invisible" to the rest of the board. (No one can see when you're online).
  • Subscribers will not be kicked if Idle in chat. Means they can walk away from their computer without chat tossing them out.

To become a Subscriber, go to your User Control Panel and check the menu under "Miscellaneous", there's a line item called "Subscriptions". Click the link and you'll be walked through signing up and paying with PayPal. Cost is $25.00 per year.

Due to AK being a free web site, we rely heavily on donations to keep this site afloat. The donations do not cover all of our expenses, so we are offering you the opportunity to help AK, and get something in return by becoming an AK Subscriber!

Please remember to use the link in your User Control Panel to Subscribe!

Last edited:
I'm in. Much better odds than the lottery... which I fritter away at least $25 on every few months. Thanks for the chance.

Please throw my name in the hat.

MODERATOR EDIT: Current subscribers not eligible for this contest. Thanks for posting, though.

Well, when I posted to this thread I was not a subscriber. But I got to thinking, why in the hell don't I just become a subscriber? Couldn't think of a good reason, so i subscribed. My name can be taken off the list.

What was that line from the Wizard of OZ?

Pay no attention to that Subscriber button behind the curtain, er next to my name....

Seriously, this is a good thing: yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom