Not enough inputs???

rcriss

Rockin' the River
Good Morning all from sunny Arizona!
This morning I got a wild hair and deceided to swap out my 4400 for my 2385 in my main rig for no reason except I haven't listened to the 2385 for several months. This Christmas my brother gave me a Samsung Nexus XM radio receiver and I want to work it into the system....The problem is there is only 1 aux input and 2 tape monitors. I have a Marantz 5220 and a Marantz CD631 hooked to the tape monitors and a CD jukebox connected to the Aux input. I have a Bose EQ hooked to the Main/Pre in out jacks. The only solution I can come up with is to hook a graphic EQ into the tape loop so I can then use the XM radio. If I leave the EQ "flat" or use the bypass on it do you think i will have a problem with the Bose EQ????:scratch2:

There are a number of little "switch boxes" available. MCM, for example, has one available for about $20-$25. It has four pairs of RCA-type inputs, and one RCA-type output. Switches on the frontpanel of the box allow you to choose any one of those four inputs. The entire box is only 7" wide or so, maybe 2-1/2" high, 4" deep.

You just run the output to the AUX input on your Marantz.

Fred Longworth

Thanks Fred,
I connected the EQ to tape 2 and hooked the 5220 and the XM to the 2 tape monitors on the EQ and all is working fine:music: . I will however look into a switchbox such as the one you recommended. Thanks Again
Bob C

Back
Top Bottom