not for everybody but cool cycle none the less

While "two-front-wheeled" (motor) bikes are not uncommon in The EU (especially around Germany, they sit much lower (w/ a more "flat" orientation) to the ground than this Yamaha, thus having more the appearance of "cart" than a (traditionally-oriented) motorcycle. Anything configured along the lines of this "Niken" model I have not seen (yet) @ The EU.

I've seen 3 wheel scooters running around the local college campus - (Piaggi - https://www.piaggio.com/us_EN/)

But all of those 2-wheels-up-front trikes look weird in full lean mode ...
certainly the geometry is better than the tippy design of the 2 wheels-in-back Harley Servi-car trike (and all its clones)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Davidson_Servi-Car

I think I'd prefer an 850cc 12 valve triple in 2 wheel mode! and hopefully well under 580lbs wet in 2 wheel form!

I would think it is front-heavy and hard to steer...

I'm ok with it though, I like that someone is trying new things in the marketplace. I don't have, nor do I want a motorcycle and I won't be getting one of those either... I just like that the 'spirit of innovation' is still out there.

That doesn't give me a more stable feeling looking at it, kind of scary. Top heavy and narrow.

There's one that's been around here for years. Looks like an F1 up front and seating, but motorcycle in the rear. Looks and sounds awesome.

Pio ,I live in a bordertown in Canada and I see tons of tourists on the brp spyders.Sometimes up to 10 at a time so they are accepted readily now.I remember when they were not also.If the Yamaha is not anygood the market will take care of that either way.

Put this thing under the heading "Just because you can make something, doesn't mean you should...".

I see plenty of the "reverse trikes" like the Spyder, and at least I can understand why. More stable and maybe easier to ride than a trike.

The Vanderhalls even look a little interesting in a 1960's Formula 1 sort of way.

The Slingshot, not my cup of tea. Might as well get a Miata/Z3/Z4/S2000 and be done with it.

If I were to ever get another bike, it should be red, old, and Italian, or maybe black, old and German, or even green, old, and Japanese.:)

i saw a Honda Goldwing trike the other day.

it has the standard one wheel in front, two in back configuration.

it looked really cool. I've never really thought about the handling of those trikes. I know 3 wheel ATVs were dangerous as hell.

i saw a Honda Goldwing trike the other day.

it has the standard one wheel in front, two in back configuration.

it looked really cool. I've never really thought about the handling of those trikes. I know 3 wheel ATVs were dangerous as hell.
The longer wheelbase helps a lot, but still not ideal.

I wonder if anyone has ever built a conventional trike, but with a rear suspension like the truck on a skateboard.

You're body weight would lean it over, and pull the rear tire on the inside of the curve forward.

That would be bad ass.

Maybe computer assisted (?)

Given a choice, I think I'd prefer the Piaggio ...

Piaggio_MP3_500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom