Not for parts, if you got the smarts. Dumpster system rises !

Markoneswift

Quartz locked n ready to rock
Hey all,

Just a bit of fun really. Here's some pics of my 'trash find' system that's gradually come together, mostly with pieces rescued from the recycling bin at the local hospice shop. I told them I would happily give a few bucks for any interesting electronics that were being thrown out for recycling and so far, we have -

1) Akai AP-D30C - cost $20. Work required - replacement counterweight, replacement stylus, clean of pitch control.
2) JVC A-X30 integrated amp - cost $10. Work required - new mains cable, secure volume control, clean balance slider, adjust bias. Sound great.
3) Sony TC-K61 cassette deck - cost $5. Work required - unjammed the door, clean and lube.
4) Sony CDP-203ES CD player - cost $10. Work required - replace CD tray drive belt. Came with original box, manuals and remote !
5) Mordaunt Short MS55Ti speakers. Cost - $10. Work required - refoam one woofer (still to do).

Excuse the poor lighting, it was late last night when I put the stuff on the rack :)

IMG_20170725_210518.jpg IMG_20170725_210532.jpg IMG_20170725_210538.jpg IMG_20170725_210546.jpg IMG_20170725_210559.jpg IMG_20170725_211235.jpg

A Mega Find of pieces, especially the MS speaks!
Wow!

Rome

Last edited:
Scroe! The speakers are especially nice for the price! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Nice cassette deck. 3 head?

Yep, three head indeed and with the brushless, slotless motor too. Wow and flutter specs just about match my Technics direct drive 3 head which is quartz locked - pretty impressive considering the Sony uses belts :)

Scroe! The speakers are especially nice for the price! Enjoy!

Hey thanks. I can't find much info on the MS 55ti model but I've always like the MS home theatre stuff so I figured their floor standers would be at least half decent !

Back
Top Bottom