Not much love for Acoustic Energy...

Just a little bit of touch up here and there and this pair is back to 100% health.
The Aegis is really flying well below the radar in terms being "well known" here on AK . they really sound quite good.

Here's an updated pic :

_DSC8744.JPG

_DSC8745.JPG

Just a little bit of touch up here and there and this pair is back to 100% health.
The Aegis is really flying well below the radar in terms being "well known" here on AK . they really sound quite good.

Here's an updated pic :

_DSC8744.JPG

_DSC8745.JPG

These were my first "real" speakers; loved them...still do.

These were my first "real" speakers; loved them...still do.

And to think they priced them as a "budget" speaker. I've owned B&W models that cost 3-4 times as much that wasn't built as well nor sounded as good.
O.K i'm apparently a fan. here's an interior shot. Nice solid cabinets inside and out.

_DSC8724.JPG

Just a little bit of touch up here and there and this pair is back to 100% health. The Aegis is really flying well below the radar in terms being "well known" here on AK . they really sound quite good.

Very nice!

After I sell my Celestion SL6 with the Copper Domes, I think I'll try to find a pair
of those in time. The Celestion really need the power to do them justice.

Tube

After I sell my Celestion SL6 with the Copper Domes, I think I'll try to find a pair
of those in time. The Celestion really need the power to do them justice.

Tube

I'm officially a fan of AE . - The Aegis One has got to be one of the better "budget" speakers I've heard.
I've toyed with the idea of parting ways with my Celestion Sl600si but can't bring myself to do it. :no:

Last edited:
In the early 90's I once had the original AE 1 Classics on the AE1 stands, with an Accuphase amp.

It was one of the best systems I've owned so far. :yes: (don't remember why I sold 'em actually)

I'm officially a fan of AE . - The Aegis One has got to be one of the better "budget" speakers I've.
I've toyed with the idea of parting ways with my Celestion Sl600si but can't bring myself to do it. :no:

You have fine taste in speakers, sir.:yes:

AE1s won all sorts of audio awards!

Phil Jones is a genius when it comes to getting deep and tight bass frequencies from tiny woofer drivers. I have a pair of AAD 2001 mini-monitors which he designed and the bass goes down to 25 hz from a 4 3/4 inch woofer. They are my reference speakers for all my audio reviews.

Phil Jones is a genius when it comes to getting deep and tight bass frequencies from tiny woofer drivers. I have a pair of AAD 2001 mini-monitors which he designed and the bass goes down to 25 hz from a 4 3/4 inch woofer. They are my reference speakers for all my audio reviews.

AAD 2001 mini-monitors....:drool: Beautiful monitors....:yes:

You have fine taste in speakers, sir.:yes:

and peculiar tastes as well apparently. I often find that I stand alone with respect to owning or having owned certain models: quite a few come to mind -

NHT Pro A-10 system
RDL Acoustics S-1
Celestion SL600si
Acoustic Energy Aegis One Compact / and Aegis One.
M&K S-90 and Bookshelf 75
AR 302
Tangent Acoustics SPL-5
JPW Mini Monitors Gold
Canton Quinto 510
Audioanalyst: Phase Matrix M2
blah blah blah...

Well off the beaten path for better or worse. :yes:

Last edited:
and peculiar tastes as well apparently. I often find that I stand alone with respect to owning or having owned certain models: quite a few come to mind -

NHT Pro A-10 system
RDL Acoustics S-1
Celestion SL600si
Acoustic Energy Aegis One Compact / and Aegis One.
M&K S-90 and Bookshelf 75
AR 302
Tangent Acoustics SPL-1
JPW Mini Monitors Gold
Canton Quinto 510
Audioanalyst: Phase Matrix M2
blah blah blah...

Well off the beaten path for better or worse. :yes:

Well offa the beaten path is a virtue....:thmbsp:

Phil Jones lives right here in the St. Louis area. But no stores around here carries his home audio speakers, but you can find his guitar amps in all the stores. His Tech support, corporate head quarters, warehouse and sales are all right here. I did call down once to the warehouse asking if I can come down to take a look at speakers and they said no public visits. Same with Herron Audio and Clayton Audio....all excellent high end stuff, all made right here but can't buy the product here, nor do they have a store here. IF I want Herron tube preamps and amps, I have to contact Acoustic Sounds to purchase a product that came out of St. Louis.

Love the Aegis Evo Ones in my kitchen system. Bought as new B stock off eBay a couple years ago for $100 shipped, not really knowing what they were. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement, especially once they were well broken in. Have since purchased a pair of Aegis Threes for an office system, but I like the updated Evo Ones better. Still I'm surprised these don't have more awareness or fans here in the US.

I saw a pair of Aelite 2's at my dealer several years ago. I really loved the look of them so I had him hook them up for a demo. I put those against a pair of Monitor Audio BR? somethings. The AE's kicked butt. I picked up the 2's as well as the center channel and love the sound that comes from them.

Way under appreciated and under the radar.

Here in Canada they lost their only distributor and no one has picked them up, which is a defiite shame.

My first pair of full price speakers were the 3's, they added to the ones with a sand loaded separate chamber 6 1/2" woofer. I had them matched to a jolida 202 and took them over castle kendals(which I later bought and sold). Great speaker, and I think the only reason I'm not using them is a speaker bug that hit over the last year or so..... agreed to an earlier comment when compared to a larger driver they don't really hold up on the bass end well a bit punchy.

It's going to be an aegis one weekend here. Still think these are an amazing speaker.

Back
Top Bottom