Not sure where to look

sirianni

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I built a music server from a computer I had when I upgraded my main PC, this server concise of an ASUS P8 Motherboard, I5 Intel Processor and 16 GB Ram. Things were fine the last three years, but this year I had to rebuild the machine because I ran out of space on the hard drive, so I installed a larger drive and installed Windows 7 Ultimate, which I realized after it was installed, before I just ran Windows 7 Professorial.
So here is the problem, the board has a HDMI out on it, which being a media server I have it connected to my TV. As I play music files I am hearing pops and clicks like listening to bad vinyl, while trying to solve this problem I had pulled the HDMI cable out of the PC and the pops and clicks were gone, I thought I fixed the problem well the other night I reinstalled this cable and the pops and clicks are back, has this happened to anyone here and how do i fix it? The only thing different is the installation of Windows Ultimate.

Make sure that the Windows installation and all graphics drivers and sound drivers are up to date. If you just rebuilt the machine, it may take quite some time before the system finishes updating everything.
Try another HDMI cable if the problem persists.

Back
Top Bottom