Nothing But The Absolute Best...

4-2-7

Smart Ass
Sponsor
Equipment, Listening Spaces and most Expensive well thought out systems in home audio.

I just think a lot of member are oblivious to what the whole audio world has going on world wide. How even the very wealthy invest a ton of time and money building systems, collecting equipment and building the space to enjoy their hobby.

Just because someone has the means for a huge home, then build rooms that may cost $100,000 to make the listening space. They also fill it up with tons of gear and like crawling around on the floor hooking it all up, yes with big fat $2000 cables.

This first system I'm going to post you can really see the audiophile just loves the best equipment and like a lot of us collect what we like. There taste is all over the map and nothing to do with age or newness, and looking at what they have, I also see some of my stuff.

Rockport arrakis ; The Gryphon

Last edited:
And my neighbor lives in a 3 million dollar home and has a Newmark turntable. His room is 360 deg. of glass. He thinks it's awesome. I don't waste my time showing him my chit. Low life to him. But, I'm effing retired.

And my neighbor lives in a 3 million dollar home and has a Newmark turntable. His room is 360 deg. of glass. He thinks it's awesome. I don't waste my time showing him my chit. Low life to him. But, I'm effing retired.
What's your point? and remember we're in cutting edge.

Using that Clearaudio Statement would feel like participating in a secret ritual.

Using that Clearaudio Statement would feel like participating in a secret ritual.
That's how I treat all my tables, no but really when you start getting up there in price of cartridges and tables, your not flipping an spinning records like a DJ.

There is no such thing as the absolute best in audio. Sorta like trying to say who is the best guitarist, the baddest guy in town, who makes the best french fries.
But I get your point about really expensive, over-engineered gear for the people with the means to chase perfection (which also does not exist)

This is another thread that'll make me wish I'd done that internet startup in 1998, but oh well!

Systems like this deserve some of the best pressings available - from the electric recording company:
  • —Officially Sanctioned EMI ALL VALVE Heritage pressings mastered from the first generation analogue master tapes.
  • —Cut in true monaural using 1950's Lyrec / EMI valve tape machines and Ortofon DS522 mono cutter head.
  • —Hand-crafted sleeve artwork faithfully recreated using a vintage letterpress procedure.
  • —Released in strictly limited, individually – numbered editions of 300.
  • —Featuring iconic 'Holy Grail' recordings by the most revered classical performers.

https://electricrecordingco.com/about

This is another thread that'll make me wish I'd done that internet startup in 1998, but oh well!

Systems like this deserve some of the best pressings available - from the electric recording company:
  • —Officially Sanctioned EMI ALL VALVE Heritage pressings mastered from the first generation analogue master tapes.
  • —Cut in true monaural using 1950's Lyrec / EMI valve tape machines and Ortofon DS522 mono cutter head.
  • —Hand-crafted sleeve artwork faithfully recreated using a vintage letterpress procedure.
  • —Released in strictly limited, individually – numbered editions of 300.
  • —Featuring iconic 'Holy Grail' recordings by the most revered classical performers.

https://electricrecordingco.com/about

Disc cutting matured at JVC Japan in the early- mid 1970s with their CD-4 cutting studio. Mono is inferior to Blumlein stereo.
Unfortunately, many of the greats passed before studio recording fully matured.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom