Nothing Like new speakers...

slippers-on

Music...let it move you!
Got my new Canton 830.2's from dealer today. I have them on the stands and just listened to Diana Krall. Right out of box they have much more bass detail and also carries more weight than my previous Canton's. The 830.2's have let me see what my system really can do. I would say about 2 hours on them towards brake in. I wont push them as they require low to slightly mid level on the volume...Break in is finished at 20 hours per Canton, but could be more. The 2M Black is truely a very special cart that I now understand was limited with the other speakers. Right out box, the speakers have a very lovely mid section with tons of detail....rich and warm sounding and a perfect match with tubes. It is truly lush in the mids. As said before bass notes are full, but not over powering. No smear in any of the bass notes no roll off and good weight, but nicely detail and very natural sounding. Now the tweeter is very special indeed. Canton took the tweeter out of their Reference line...which has the top speaker costing $35000 a pair and dropped it into the Vento line. Its that same ceramic dome tweeter technology and dome geometry of the Reference line. This tweeter is truly world class and features very extended frequency response, wide dispersion characteristics and high power handling. It’s just an incredibly smooth tweeter. No distortion or edge or pollution is heard whatsoever. And with Cantons wave guide technology, muisc just extends further in the room...a few pic minus the magnetized grills. These pictures do nothing for the beauty of the high gloss Cherry wood.

pict0155q.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

pict0156r.jpg
[/URL]

pict0157w.jpg
[/URL]

pict0158m.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Beautiful cabinets - ~$2400 a pair, no ? That's some impressive trickle-down from a 35K speaker. Very nice indeed - congrats.

Very nice! I heard what I think was this same speaker last year, so it might not have had the same tweeter- and it was really nice. Their reference line sounds wonderful so I can imagine that these do as well.

Beautiful cabinets - ~$2400 a pair, no ? That's some impressive trickle-down from a 35K speaker. Very nice indeed - congrats.

Yes...retail is $2400 Thanks for the props...the tweeter is like outstanding. Very balanced sound from top to bottom....I've yet to hear a better speaker up to $5k and I've heard alots.

Beautiful! I love cherry! Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks Art! I think I have about 4 hours on them now....the midsection is unbelievable with strings....cymbal crashes are as nice as can be...so real and life like with very good extension, without any pollution...and super great decay. As good as the Monitor Audio GX 100 is, its ribbon tweeter could not do what this ceramic tweeter is able to do in the shoot out we had before purchase.

I love the female voice...love them even more now. You have a great ear and experience with some nice speakers Art...seek out a pair of Canton Vento's or Refrence just to listen to the tweeter. No pollution whatsoever...and that goes for every faze of the speaker....You will be surprised! Art you know Im a vinyl junkie from the Jazz forum, and vinyl through these makes my eyes water....some body started a thread about what is the difference btween emotion and analytical. Well in the Vento you have the perfect blend of both. Listening to Diana Krall now...talk about making a grown man cry...I feel every note as never before.

JohnVF....you are correct....different tweeter but very nice tweeter. MikeCh has that tweeter in his Cantons and has told me it too is very nice. But this tweeter was the same as the Reference line tweeter. They also tweaked the crossover and midwoofer to accommodate the ceramic. If you've heard the Reference Line, then you understand the smoothness of the tweeter. Every one...thanks for the much love....seek out a pair to listen too that tweeter to see how smooth it is.

Those are super nice Byron! Really like the cherry on those cabinets. Keep us updated as you get to spend more time with them.

What stands are you using?

Mike

Those are super nice Byron! Really like the cherry on those cabinets. Keep us updated as you get to spend more time with them.

What stands are you using?

Mike

Thanks....I have a pair of Sanus SF34 but thinking of getting the Canton matching speaker stands or some other stand....Got any ideas about a good pair?

Last edited:
I'm using a pair of B&W STAV24 filled with a very fine sand but not quite silica-sand fine. They weigh about 40lbs each and I believe make a difference over non-filled types that I've tried. Having an inert stand like this couples the bass far better than non-filled. The stands are 24" tall and I have them sitting on 2" thick pavers that have adhesive backed rubber feet under them.

I've always wondered how those Sanus Foundations might work out/sound.

attachment.php

beautiful looking speakers. I really like the smooth line that they have tailing to the back. They also appear "large" for today's standard bookshelf (which I like :) ) Congrats.

I'm using a pair of B&W STAV24 filled with a very fine sand but not quite silica-sand fine. They weigh about 40lbs each and I believe make a difference over non-filled types that I've tried. Having an inert stand like this couples the bass far better than non-filled. The stands are 24" tall and I have them sitting on 2" thick pavers that have adhesive backed rubber feet under them.

attachment.php

They sound great
With out sand but I do have sand. I need to use it.

attachment.php

Man Yoursystem looks very nice. Nice speakers....:smoke:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom