November Group, anyone here ever listen to them?

darklife

Modulating Madness
I pulled this record Persistent Memories (1983 Brain Eater Ltd. inner groove etched side A: "By Her Bachelors Even" and B: "-and a tip of the hat, to you too!" whatever that means?) out of the trash years ago without a cover and used it like an idiot to cover my turntable platter to keep dust off and basically threw it around thinking the music on it was crap, until today when I wondered if this scratched and beat up heavy record had something to offer out of a whim.
Needless to say I am a bit angry now at myself for figuring it was worthy of frisbee status realizing it's a little rare now and actually plays incredibly clean given how I treated it.

Two tracks that really grabbed my attention were "Heart of a Champion" and the one I am actually a little stunned by and can't stop playing or get out of my head is "I Live Alone".
I guess that I always thought this record was disposable because I got it out of the trash and the first song Put Your Back To It reminded me of some horrible 80s pop synth movie music.

Curious if anyone else heard of this band or know any info about them. Two female vocalist from what I read and it reminds me a lot of DEVO only with female vocals. I guess the lead singer went on to become a movie director.
It took some headphones, some beer, and boredom to see what this "dust cover" I have been using had on it :eek:

Back
Top Bottom