Now it's time to ...

The amp is working fine :). Bias and meters are already adjusted. I'm going to do some more tests and I will post some more pics.

Something I forgot to mention. With the UCC caps the screw that holds the bridge rectifier must be shortened, it touches the capacitor.

Last edited:
Great work! Now that you've finished both units, how do you like the amps? I also reworked two p2200s and am very happy with how good they sound and perform. They are the best sounding amplifiers in my collection (most musical, IMHO).

They are excellent amps, very musical, I like them a lot. One of them are now powering my JBL subwoofer, it outputs a very nice bass, well controlled and with enough power. They are my favourite amps along with the PC2002M

Last edited:
I am curious about using a simulation program for troubleshooting sections of the Integrated Amps/Amps. Is it possible to scan a schematic and import? Then is it possible to simulate a symptom and define a possible part that is creating the fault?

Last edited:
No, you must draw the schematic using the appropriate spice models. It is very useful to understand the operation of a circuit, or to make your own designs. You can play with components values, simulating situations, and see the result.

This is from the
scheme_it_logo.png
programs menu

upload_2022-12-19_15-57-14.png

Last edited:
I am not sure if you recognize that circuit, it is the Protection Circuit Board for a Yamaha CA-1000. I am having an issue with getting the relay to work do to some issue on the board.

This may not have been a great circuit design from the inception Based upon your opinion it may be a good idea to disable this circuit from the amp and use your devices.

upload_2022-12-19_19-50-33.png

To better understand this Thread and the Protection Circuit I pulled up the schematic, absolutely amazing! Sure wish all the Yamaha Service Manuals were so well defined.
I see why you have created this Protection Board since the unit from the factory doesn't have one.

Back
Top Bottom