Now this is a isolation table

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
This item is a Micro-G model 67-19987-01 manufactured by Technical Manufacturing Corporation in Peabody, MA. The top of the table is brushed staineless steel and measures 46" x 43" x 2 1/2" and covers a 2 1/4" slab of steel. Its overall height is 48". It is equipped with four (4) air shocks with regulators and tubing. It rests on four (4) 9"x9" square hollow steel legs with adjusting screws in the base of each leg. Suspended underneath the table is a vibrationing dampner which is 24" x 24" x 4 1/2" thick slab of steel. Item weighs approximately 2950 pounds and is on a standard 4' x 4' non-stackable pallet.

Dare I even ask how much? I'm going to guess the over/under somewhere around a nice, used Toyota?

Theft is something you wouldn't need to be concerned about at least. That, and it would be great to hang onto when the Tornado hits.

Cheers,
Russ

Wards,

I bought an optical bench surplus to use as a work table in my shop. Originally it had four pneumatic air suspension modules which I removed and replaced with 2" x 8" swivel castors. The top of this ~1-1/2 ton table is a solid sheet of stainless steel that is drilled and tapped fo 1/4-20 in 1"x1" grid over it's entire 4 feet x 10 foot long, precision flat surface!

I use it for holding things in position while I tack weld them together, etc. You can place a hold down clamp anywhere you need one!

Honey, if you want me to move my Turntable and the isolation table to get your new furniture in here you need to GRAB the other end and HELP ME!!:eek: :yikes:

Last edited:
Heres the table being unloaded! Still in protective plastic.

Uhhh,don't think I can get the table and the forklift thru the doorway into your sound room sir,shall I just set it here in the driveway!?

Last edited:
Madmark,

What is the Tiger Torch and 20 lb. bottle of propane doing in that picture? I have one of those and used to use it a lot in the winter time in the Western Arctic at the Hay River Radio Observatory. One regular use was to put an 8 foot long piece of 6" heating duct with a 90 degree angle on the far end under the engine in my van. Light the torch and shove it in the end farthest from the vehicle. 20 minutes later I could start it! :D

Last edited:
Laminar Airflow Bench

You mentioned an optical bench. Laminar Airflow is a partially enclosed workbench with an exhaust. Like a sandblaster but different!

I wonder if only 1900 pounds would do any good, or do you really need the other thousand? My wife only allows things that wiegh less than a ton in the house :D

Re: Laminar Airflow Bench

Originally posted by bolly
You mentioned an optical bench. Laminar Airflow is a partially enclosed workbench with an exhaust. Like a sandblaster but different!

No it isn't that at all. It was an optical workbench. It was to hold lenses and other devices within fractional wavelength tolerances on a vibration isolated plane. They are often seen in labs with laser beams criss-crossing allover them.

Back
Top Bottom