Now THIS is my kinda motherboard

Tube motherboard solves the mystery of the great cable debate

That link was making the rounds at AA last month. Turned into a big joke with "tube motherboard" both the cure all and curse of everything known to mankind. Actually, it's rather cool is'nt it.

MikE

You guys are thinkin' all wrong. Nobody wants a big full size computer anymore...they all want small...personal computers you can carry in your pocket.

So my idea is to make an all tube personal PC.

:D I know...good idea ;)

Originally posted by gonefishin
You guys are thinkin' all wrong. Nobody wants a big full size computer anymore...they all want small...personal computers you can carry in your pocket.

So my idea is to make an all tube personal PC.

:D I know...good idea ;)

Gonefishin,

Such a computer would warm a lot of pockets! It would be an experiment in distributed computing, sort of like the Borg Collective, since no single pocket would be big enough to house enough of a vacuum tube computer to do anything. Personal PC? Hardly.

Shouldn't this have been posted in new technologies? :)

Rob

LOL MiKe...Heck yea! I thought it was kewl as h e l l!!! Tooooo much. Tubes in a puter? Gotta luv it!

What was the name of the vacuum tube computer built by the English during WWII? I uderstand that thing was still working great when they took it apart more than a decade later and that it used basically only one tube type in the actual computing section. Thousands of tubes. Big ones too. Still a classified design last I heard. Wow!

By the looks of it...that man would be nice and toasty in the middle of winter...with the furnace turned off!

Back
Top Bottom