NS-1000 Tweeter Protector

I purchased a pair of these "tweeter protectors". As everyone else says, the numbers are scraped off. That don't really bother me to much... he did the leg work.

My only question is in the pictures he has it on the black wire. In general searches for tweeter protection everyone say to install it on the positive. I've ran across a few threads that say the tweeter is wired backwards. (Typical for this crossover design)

I can't seem to makes heads or tail on which to install it on.

What's the consensus here, positive or negative wire? Would it be wise to put it before the lpad?

I purchased a pair of these "tweeter protectors". As everyone else says, the numbers are scraped off. That don't really bother me to much... he did the leg work.

My only question is in the pictures he has it on the black wire. In general searches for tweeter protection everyone say to install it on the positive. I've ran across a few threads that say the tweeter is wired backwards. (Typical for this crossover design)

I can't seem to makes heads or tail on which to install it on.

What's the consensus here, positive or negative wire? Would it be wise to put it before the lpad?
I asked the seller the same question. He said it doesn't matter, because the component will limit the current to the tweeter and it's in series. I had a feeling that I needed to place it in the + feed to the - of the tweeter. The tweeter is indeed out of fase connected, but the + feed is still the + feed.

I can't comment on whether it works, because I never fried a tweeter. But those things give me a safe feeling :D

Old thread I know.....did a search do not see much else on this topic. Anyone ever come to a logical conclusion.

Snake oil?

Who knows.... wont hurt and an added layer of "insurance" for cheap...... in the event that is does work.

Junk.... waste of money dont do it?

Avionic was my assumption. Fact that it was posted/discussed and died on the vine here gave me my answer. Wanted to make sure I did not miss something due to it not coming up in a search.

Will leave mine be and run them exactly as the Yamaha designers intended.

My tweeters still work. Common sense to me says its a added layer of protection. Amplifiers and preamps fail, why let it take out a tweeter?

Back
Top Bottom