NS-4 Speakers Worth the Effort?

milo63

Everett, WA
Subscriber
Not sure why I'm the repository of handicapped Yamaha stuff lately.

NS-4's missing grills with one JBL 2800 woofer and one OEM Yamaha woofer. Finding a replacement woofer seems impossible *but*, scouring CL I found a seller with a pair of ratty NS-4's halfway across the country.

Imagine your average Craigslist seller, now imagine someone even dumber and more clueless than that...And I'm being generous.

My choices:
-Keep waiting/searching
-Risk disaster with the numpkin
-Part out

I've heard good things about them and my investment so far is nil so I've got some room to play with.

Thanks for your opinions.

I have a pair, but then I am also about 2,000 miles away from you. They are OK, not something I would spend a lot of money or effort on.

Rare, or rare-ish anyway means you will always have difficulty finding replacement parts for them.

I have a pair, but then I am also about 2,000 miles away from you. They are OK, not something I would spend a lot of money or effort on.

Rare, or rare-ish anyway means you will always have difficulty finding replacement parts for them.

Thank you, that helps.

I'm saving up (paperclip style) for a good pair of speakers. I think these will help the fund.
Option three.

If you were near, I would give you a decent pair. NS-4 is not a bad placeholder if you need a pair to listen to, unless the mismatched woofers is driving you nuts.

If you were near, I would give you a decent pair. NS-4 is not a bad placeholder if you need a pair to listen to, unless the mismatched woofers is driving you nuts.

I'm probably spoilt, JBL 4406's in the garage seem to be my benchmark for clarity and accuracy. I like them so much I'm saving for a 4410/4412 deal when it pops up.

The odd woofers do throw everything off balance, they still sound decent considering.

Why limit yourself to only a few pairs of JBL? A pair of each is a start to a collection. :)

Now I am wondering why they are in your garage, unless that is where your "man cave" is?

Why limit yourself to only a few pairs of JBL? A pair of each is a start to a collection. :)

Now I am wondering why they are in your garage, unless that is where your "man cave" is?

My fortress of solitude :rockon:

The JBL's are ugly on the outside, pretty on the earside.

Thanks again faber.

Back
Top Bottom