Nudies of your modern gear!!

Tangent_Hi-Fi-AMP_200_Spez_460_302.JPG
onthiBz.jpg

Looks pretty good for a cheap(ish) amp. :dunno: I think it was about 200-300 msrp
Lots of inputs
Pre out and sub out with crossover
Motorized volume knob with a LED
Nice aluminium front (could be better with a input selector knob instead of 7 buttons)

Photobucket sure wrecked this thread so once again the uncluttered point-to-point hand wired Bottle Head Foreplay III preamp. No PCB's here.

P9250004.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a TPA3116 with a 6n3 tube preamp and heavily modded PS1. From the sound you wouldn't know how little money was invested ( less than $50 total for all three components ). Wood enclosures are kitchen drawer dividers for silverware.

P5250013.jpg

DiyAudioStore Pass F5 clone I built during Covid lockdown while living in Spain:

49878934636_6bb1869781_h.jpg

It sounded great but it's my last class A amplifier. Unless you live in a cold climate and can use the waste heat, it's not a great idea.

More photos here.

Last edited:
@crv00

Nice job, with soft start and speaker delay/protection.

Was planning to do the final assy on my F6 build last weekend but ended up coming down with the Big C so finish is delayed.

@crv00

Nice job, with soft start and speaker delay/protection.

Was planning to do the final assy on my F6 build last weekend but ended up coming down with the Big C so finish is delayed.
Thanks! It was a good excuse to do some CAD and use my 3D printer to make custom brackets. The soft start is on a bracket that's attached via the IEC inlet hardware. Fun project for sure.

Get better soon!

Back
Top Bottom