NY Blue Mountain Lodge Audio Fest-Peekskill - Saturday, September 15th, 2018

Hey all!
So on the heels of Frankenfest, I want to get a sense of how many would be interested in a winter meet at the lodge. There's a big fire place!
I figure early-mid January-February, after the holidays are done and everyone is settled back to normal schedules. The next Frankenfest is March 23.
I'll check with the county rec and parks about availability, access issues if there's been a lot of snow etc...
Let me know and maybe we can get the ball rolling!
Glenn

Well, I'm a very iffy maybe, due to the travel distance and the time of year, but still interested...

GJ

About an hour north of Buffalo.

I used to head down to Peekskill pretty regularly to go Camp Smith back in the day.

GJ

Hi Glen just saw this. I was at the Sept. one, had a lot of fun and met some good people. I would be interested in doing it again but it would depend on the weather don't mind the cold but with a 2 hr drive each way, road conditions is the deciding factor.

Hi Glen just saw this. I was at the Sept. one, had a lot of fun and met some good people. I would be interested in doing it again but it would depend on the weather don't mind the cold but with a 2 hr drive each way, road conditions is the deciding factor.
I didn't per-sue it just for that reason. After that snow storm-traffic insanity two Thursday's ago, it's too unpredictable and I don't know how well plowed the road to the lodge would be.
I'll check Spring dates after the first of the year. Try for early May when we're all feeling cabin fever and needing to get out!
Glenn

Glenn,
No pressure (obviously)
And I did sit in traffic though not the worst in thurs.' debacle.
I don't think (worst case scenario and we had to bale) the fee would be an issue.
Spring is fine otherwise.

Glenn I understand and agree. March, April , May, or any of the other nine months just fine with me.After being born up on the Canadian border, long island winters are a joke. It's all relative to what you are use to.

Steve,
First I completely agree that LI winters pale in comparison to near Canadian winters. I do seem to remember 2 storms in '78 (?) I think a 25" and 18" 2 or 3 days apart (at least in south Nassau ) which crippled the area for a week or so. I'm sure the snow removal equipment in the area at the time was inadequate to deal. I seem to remember a big front loader leaving 4 and a half foot walls of snow (3 days after).
Sorry for the historical tidbit (obviously an anomaly):dunno:

The way this summer has gone we could have severe weather in any season. I think we have to do it before the seas rise. ;^)

Upstate N Y gets some serious snow Tug Hill north of Syracuse gets over 200 inches / yr and Redfield by Rochester averages 288 inches but it's record is around 425 inches thats over 35 feet in 1 yr. I can't even imagine that much. I'm very happy not to live there. 2channel I just read that El Nino is supposed to start up sometime in dec and give us a slightly warmer Dec ,Jan and Feb.

Back
Top Bottom