October 15th 2011 - The Oktoberfrankenfest get together is GO!

Stuff -- some of which I'll bring with me

Depends on how much heavy lifting I feel like doing tomorrow morning. :scratch2

If you see something you want, shout it out and I'll bring it along for sure.

This just in: HK730 receiver: parts unit FREE

Stuff newly added
- Niles SPS-4 Speaker selector boxes (2) $15 each
- Allison Acoustics AL-115 two-way speakers $150 (a steal, they are in excellent condition and sound great)
- Marantz 2330 stereo receiver with wood cabinet. One the Marantz's true monster receivers at 130 wpc $1,000 OBO

Earlier posting
- Klipsch Kg4 speakers in oak: $200
- KLH Model 17 speakers (new grilles): $45 (pending)
- KLH Model 20 speakers (recapped): $35 (price of the new caps)
- BIC Beambox 8: $15
- Marantz 1250 integrated amp, Model 250 tuner: $800 (both brought up to snuff by AK's own "Grateful")
- Allison Acoustics CD6, two-way speakers. Oak cabinets, refinished, all original drivers, woofers re-foamed, top and front grilles intact and finished with black plastic sealer. $200
- Concept 11.0 receiver. 110 watts per channel. Excellent tuner section. My first "monster" receiver. Refurbished several years ago including recapping, tuner alignment, DC offset set, etc. Runs cool, looks great. $300
- Several pairs of platform-type speaker stand from 18”-24” high. $15 – 35 per pair

Last edited:
Do I need broken headphones? No. Do I need a massive reel to reel deck? No. Do I need a new cd player? HELL NO! Somehow they all got into my car, though. Hey...what a great day! Huge thanks to Frank & Jim for putting this together. Wonderful people, great bargains, and all kinds of cool gear being demoed. That Thorens 124 with the giant tonearm was truly cool!!! Anyway, thanks to one and all for an incredible Saturday. And a toast to the ladies who made the fantastic noodle and beef dishes. YUM!

Yep, that was fun! It was a pleasure meeting everyone. Somehow I missed the Thorens 124. Dang! That's my dream table. Where was that set up? I must have left too early.

Great to meet everyone today! Had an awesome time! Thanks for being kind to my wife as well :)

Mike
ps Thanks to Tim for grabbing up the EPI 120s that I didnt need :)

And they sound fantastic! What a great day!

Great to meet everyone today! Had an awesome time! Thanks for being kind to my wife as well :)

Mike
ps Thanks to Tim for grabbing up the EPI 120s that I didnt need :)

A great time had by all, great food and lots of fine tunes - not to mention the fine deals on gear and the freebee pile.
Frank and I figured we had about 35 attendees. Thanks to everyone for making this another fine event.
We're shooting for February for the next one.
Some of the guys took a load of pictures and I believe will be starting another thread shortly for them.
JimB

JimB

A great time had by all, great food and lots of fine tunes - not to mention the fine deals on gear and the freebee pile.
Frank and I figured we had about 35 attendees. Thanks to everyone for making this another fine event.
We're shooting for February for the next one.
Some of the guys took a load of pictures and I believe will be starting another thread shortly for them.
JimB

JimB

Nice meeting you and the other folks. Had a great time, met some very nice people , stuffed my face multiple times over, and even made a purchase. ( no sales this go round) - Although Now I'm thinking I should have picked up one of the pre-amps that Juan brought with him. Looking forward to doing it again.

Thank you Frank,and Jim for a wonderful saturday.Had a great time.The wife had a good time as well.She was very happy to see so many people eating the dishes she prepared.Next get together,she will whip up some traditional Filipino sweets(cakes,muffins,and more!!!) Was good to see some familiar faces,and equally good to meet so many others. A wonderful time for all!!!! Not sure who left the bag of sausage in my cooler,but I didn't notice it til I got home.I promise it will not go to waste:D Rich

Not sure who left the bag of sausage in my cooler,but I didn't notice it til I got home.I promise it will not go to waste:D Rich

Consider it payment for the 25 spring rolls I ate :D:D:D

Start with the ones marked RPSP, those are roasted red pepper and smoked provolone :drool:

Thanks! I enjoyed it

Many thanks to Frank, Jim, Peter and everyone else for a great first AK gathering for me. Thanks also to Urchinn for buying my TEAC 3300. I figured out that after adding up what I had into it, he paid me about $1.60 an hour for my work on cleaning it up and making all the mechanical stuff work smoothly again. Life is grand, ain't it?

--Dan

Last edited:
Man, that was fun! Thanks to Frank for hosting it, and everyone who showed up to make it a great meet-up (especially the person who helped me park my car; I was worried less about hitting another car than I was about ending up backing the car off the edge of the driveway onto those lovely railroad tracks... :eek:)! Wish I'd been able to get there earlier, or bring my usual complement of interesting junk, but going to NEAR-Fest the same day made that impossible. Hopefully, I won't have to deal with something like that for the next one, and will make it there on time with some interesting toys. :yes: Now, to get some sleep before the MIT swap... :boring: :screwy:
-Adam

HEADS UP!

I forgot to tell y'all about this event happening Sunday in Manchester.
I saw it here http://nh.craigslist.org/emd/2620035909.html

I'm not affiliated yada yada - just thought you might be interested.

copy/paste from the CL ad:

Big LP, 45 & CD Vinyl Record Sale (Manchester)

Thousands of Vinyl Records & CDs for sale

SUNDAY OCTOBER 16 ONE DAY ONLY 9 A.M.- 2 P.M. FREE ADMISSION

Highlander Inn Conference Center

2 Highlander Way Manchester NH

Just Outside The Entrance to the Airport

plenty of Free on-site convenient parking

Buy/Sell/Trade your unwanted/unused LP, 45 or even 78 RPM Records, CDs or other music memorabilia such as posters, magazines and books

LIMITED SPACE IS AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO SELL THEIR OWN RECORDS OR RELATED ITEMS THAT RECORD FANS MIGHT LIKE

Featuring New England's finest dealers of all type of Rock, Pop, Blues, Jazz, Soul, Garage, Psych and Country LPs, 45s, CDs, Picture sleeves, books, posters and many other vintage to modern music related items

monkeyhouseentertainment.com

...and you bastards ruined me.

I was almost perfectly happy listening to records on my pretty good Magnavox console.
I have a Marantz receiver, Elac Miracord TT & rockin Sansui speakers.
WTH was I doing with a whore when I'm married to Elizabeth Hurley?
Oh wait, that wasn't me.
Why settle for an OK console when I have some good stuff?
Yeah, that's me.

I had to buy Brent's lil Kenwood KA-3500 so the Marantz can be serviced.
Then I found that the Elac has a few mechanisms begging adjustment. More service.

I dug the wife's old Pioneer TT out of the basement and dialed in the speed.
Brent's ex-Kenwood is now chugging merrily along cranking Goats Head Soup.

Now I have to find a place in the garage for the Maggie and totally rearrange the man cave to shoe-horn in my real stereo, speakers, etc...

Thanks a bunch

It really sounds soooooooo much better :beerchug:

My thanks go to Frank for hosting this bash. Lots of great food to sample (Rich's wife did a wonderful job) and of course lots of great gear to drool over.

One of the funnier things was the repair quote that gigabyt had taped on his beautiful h+k tubed pre. There were a few folks (including me) that thought that the $65 was his asking price.

I'm still impressed with those full range 3" drivers that Tony made enclosures for. There was actually bass coming out of those multi baffled towers! Thanks also go to Don to for those freebie Empires that I took home.

What a great time and it was great to meet some new people and connect with some familiar faces as well. Comeon February; I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Thanks Frank and Jim ( and anyone else who helped get this event off the ground) for another great day of vintage audio! Those electrostatic B&Ws in the back room were really singing with the Citation setup - really glad I got to hear them.

Jim the 3bx is fantastic - I should have bought one of these decades ago. It breathes new life into the radio (pandora too) and heavily compressed lp's. Thanks again...

Jblnut

Back
Top Bottom