Odd CD of Enya’s Shepherd Moon

Imanoldee

I picked up this CD recently and decided to play it on my HT system.
I hardly ever play CD’s through that system.
It is run through an LG blu-ray player, and a Marantz AV receiver.
The CD info will show on the TV screen, the cover art, the artist, album name, and the various tracks, and track times on the CD.
For this CD it gave me 2 initial error’s trying to read it, I checked the condition of the CD, it turns out to be in pristine condition, no scratches noted. it finally played on the 3rd try.

The odd thing is the cover art, artist, title, and play list are for Sarah Mclachlan’s Fumbling Towards Ecstasy album!

I looked them both up on wiki to check.
The McLachlan album has 12 tracks and so does Enya Album, that is the extent of the similarity.

The CD plays Enya’s Sheherd Moon tracks.
The TV screen shows track times that are the same or very close to the Enya info on the CD and on Wiki.
So there is obviously something wrong with the coded info.
To add to the mystery, I tried the CD in my car, which is only a year old and has a display that shows the cover, artist, album, and song being played. It shows and plays as Enys’ Shepherd Moon with no problems or errors.

So for some reason the Blu-ray player is picking up something else.
I suppose it was originally going to be a Sarah Mclachlan CD and somehow got changed before it was completed.

Is that even possible?

The BluRay player is probably querying an online database and displaying the wrong information.

Not sure how you're getting album art in the car, though.

Back
Top Bottom