odd post bout Bestcry

Never have set foot into a Beast Buy (or a Circuit Shitty as far as that goes). But a friend of mine had a bad *customer service dept.* experience with them a few years ago.

I thought it sounded more like a female making this statement.

"You are filled with filthy little whores who spread disease through out all departments, meanwhile not caring if a man is married or not. It does matter if the man has other children (or children on the way) too!"

What is more than likely though is that I misinterpreted it or missed a giveaway statement about gender. Either way, quite amusing.

Inspiribomb said:

"You are filled with filthy little whores who spread disease through out all departments, meanwhile not caring if a man is married or not. It does matter if the man has other children (or children on the way) too!"

What is more than likely though is that I misinterpreted it or missed a giveaway statement about gender. Either way, quite amusing.

I agree. It sounds like female angst. The typical guy could care less!

I'm posting that below as ads on Craigslist are limited to run only 10 days and there's also a possibility that someone will flag it and it'll be removed before even then. Too funny!

Anthony

===========================================================
Oh, Best Buy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: anon-54826790@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-01-07, 5:43PM EST

You are filled with filthy little whores who spread disease through out all departments, meanwhile not caring if a man is married or not. It does matter if the man has other children (or children on the way) too!

A shout out to all the boys, who instead of going to college and making something of themselves, are floating on the dream that you will make it in Best Buy for the rest of your life because you "sell well". If you really sold well, you'd be at a comission job at least. Also, good thing you are sleeping with someone IN the store because you probably have no life outside of the store since you are eager to kiss ass and stay as often as possible.

I also love the associates that lie to sell service plans and digital subscriptions because you want your numbers to be higher. Nothing says customer service like having their charge cards unknowingly charged two months down the line.

Oh, and if you work in media... QUIT REFUSING CUSTOMERS GAME SYSTEMS IF THEY DON'T BUY AT LEAST THREE ACCESSORIES. Yes folks, if you were looking for a slim PS2 or Nintendo DS and were refused... chances are you were rejected because that was all you wanted.

I also know that company policy states that employee purchases are for employees and their immediate parents (or spouse). Just because you hold a title other than "prod" does not mean that it doesn't apply to you also.

Lastly, to all my dear friends who are still stuck in a store (I know the economy is bad...) I pray all the time that you find peace like I did with a departure. Best Buy itself isn't evil but it does employ a ton of evil people and I hope you have as little contact with these demons as possible.

Oh, and customers, if you find an associate that helps you out and is super nice to you and your family... tell them thank you at least. More than likely these are the people who are not really compensated in their checks but in the simple kindness that is returned when they help someone else out.

this is in or around Could be anywhere!

That is the strangest post I have ever read, unduobtedly written by the free-association mind of a BB lifer who just got fired.

At least now I have some idea of what is really going through that dinosaur-walnut they call a brain as they try to speak to me about audio or video equipment. (Add the latest Snoop song to the background and you REALLY get it).

Celt, you ain't missed nothing...unless you have a coupon/rebate dealy that will garner you a 160 gig drive for 10 bucks (which I actually had happen last year) BB and CC are just places to go and have a laugh!

Last edited:
And you thought Radio Quack was bad...

This is a classic! It goes way above and far beyond the average rant I've ever seen on the list...Portland, Oregon has a lot of complaint posters who post just to point out scams but they have no imagination compared to this.

Many years ago I was a manager for Best Buy. I was not fired, but left for a better position with a better company. I hated every second I worked for BB. I hated the culture, hated the pressure to sell, hated the peons on the sales floor who coerced customers into service plans and acessories to suck up to their managers, hated everything about it. I was forced to provide the most horrible "customer service" imaginable. It was enough to make me find another job after only a few months. The reason for my departure as stated in my exit interview was "moral conflict".

Inspiribomb said:

For the average red-blooded male like me, it doesn't sound like a half-bad place to work!
:naughty:

MannyE said:
Celt, you ain't missed nothing...unless you have a coupon/rebate dealy that will garner you a 160 gig drive for 10 bucks (which I actually had happen last year) BB and CC are just places to go and have a laugh!
I bet you're right! My buddy had purchased a TV that in short-order, short-circuited. Beast Buy wasn't the least bit interested in helping him with his dilemma either. I hate shopping in places like that anyway. I've had good luck with online stores such as B&H Photo, Crutchfield and J&R. Granted, their prices aren't all that great, but you get great customer support from them if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom