Odd problem noticed with text entry

AdamAnt316

Collector of heavy things
Subscriber
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I've occasionally had issues with entering text when replying to threads or sending PMs. Not exactly sure what causes it, but when entering a message yesterday, I highlighted a piece of text and dragged it to another part of my message, and it resulted in the dragged text getting stuck on the line below where I intended it to go, with

no amount of use of backspace or forward delete being able to make things look right. I had to post the message, then go back and edit it in order to get the text to where I it to be wanted. See above, I attempted to drag the word "backspace" to a random part of this message, and the above occurred. Just thought I'd point it out.
-Adam

Believe it or not that might be your browser. Some forum software acts quite different in FF than in IE.

I stopped using IE because, well just because, so I don't know if it does this but sometimes when I want to quote only one line or so from another post, instead of using the quote function and then editing that, I'll just copy and paste it. When I do, I put it in italics. I endquote, hit enter to get to the next line and then click the italics button to disable it. But when I hit enter again to get the next line it goes back into italics mode.

I got old versions of FF, Java and whatever. It bitches when I load a video that the plugins are out of date. Well a couple years ago, not being updated saved me from a virus. What's more, it all works. It says "this plugin should be updated" but then I just click it and it works just fine. Same way with opening prints, says the same thing but my version of Acrobat reader works just fine.

HAH HAH HAH - sometimes the Acrobat reader says it needs a download for some Chinese character set. Ummm, I cannot read Chinese. I only know one person who can actually. And I am not going 20 miles to her house to get a translation of "This voltage may vary" or some shit like that.

Later, when I get around to it maybe I'll play with this software a bit. See if I get the same anomaly using bold or some other option, then try it in IE. I am not getting Chrome but I could try it from work. I think I will.

Back
Top Bottom