Off Topic... SE Mi Boat rentals

perchdog

AudioDouchebag
Hi all,

I know this is completely non audio related, but...

Looking to do a little fishing, I am well versed in the Detroit River and Lake St Clair programs. I have decided to change up and try some smaller lake fishing.

I have both electric and gas power, looking for daily row boat rentals to strap my stuff on to. I am aware of Pontiac Upper Silver Lake, Kennsington, Mitchells on White Lake and a place or two in the Irish Hills. Looking for private opposed to Metro Parks due to restrictions and such, looking to stay within 100 miles of Livonia for these are day trips. Particularly interested in Flint area, especially Halloway Reservoir but flexible on location.

Thanks

Hey PD, if you look on CL I bet you could buy a small row boat for what you might pay in rentals over the summer.

You can use electric motors at Stony Creek IIRC. I know you said you wanted to stay away from the parks, but I can't think of much else.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Have you thought of Lakeville, perchdog? It's way up Rochester Rd, you can't miss it. There's a bait shop that also rents boats by the hour or day.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Have you thought of Lakeville, perchdog? It's way up Rochester Rd, you can't miss it. There's a bait shop that also rents boats by the hour or day.

This sounds more up my alley..

I have owned a canoe at one time, not really interested. I do have a 21 ft center console needing batteries and a tag and that boat would be good to go. It's really a great boat but too big for what I want to do at this time and currently I really do not have a good tow vehicle for it. I have been looking into boats on C/L and there are some deals to be had. I am leaning towards a 16-17 ft flat bottom for puddle jumpin', possibly a new hull because cost really not that bad minus motor and electronics and I do have propulsion. Either way if I decide to buy it will not till winter or next spring.

Thanks for the response guys... Kind of hoping some of the Flint guys would chime in, always wanted to do the Holloway Resevoir...

PS, Dennis, I still really like the scoops man...

Last edited:
I know it was mentioned all ready but think they rent boats at Stoney Creek. I just love the name of that place LOL :smoke:

I know it was mentioned all ready but think they rent boats at Stoney Creek. I just love the name of that place LOL :smoke:

yeah cool name but I generally stay away from metroparks... I get rec pass with my plates, by far a better value in my book

probably should have went to stoney Berkely this afternoon

I keep looking on CL and see small boat for sale for not much at all. One of those would last you a lifetime.

There used to be a rowboat livery on Square Lake,don't know if it's still there but we caught a few perch,& a few bluegills.Pretty nearby,you hardly know it's there.Telegraph & Square Lake road area.

Back
Top Bottom