Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

Here is my AR XA modified by Larry Spence of Vintage Analog Restorations. He did an incredible job, especially on the the plinth wood work. Larry had help from Marc Morin (i.e. the mass weight kit and the tonearm rebuild). Very pleased with the results. It has all the upgrades we could possible think of employing, including an Ortofon HiJack tonearm lift reproduction (Mirko Djordjevic). The veneered maple top really pops.

completed5.JPG completed.JPG completed3.JPG complete6.JPG t bar 2.jpg IMG_2709.JPG

Attachments

• completed2.JPG
    completed2.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Here is my AR XA modified by Larry Spence of Vintage Analog Restorations. He did an incredible job, especially on the the plinth wood work. Larry had help from Marc Morin (i.e. the mass weight kit and the tonearm rebuild). Very pleased with the results. It has all the upgrades we could possible think of employing, including an Ortofon HiJack tonearm lift reproduction (Mirko Djordjevic). The veneered maple top really pops.

View attachment 909133 View attachment 909134 View attachment 909135 View attachment 909136 View attachment 909137 View attachment 909139

Wow! That is a really nice looking XA! And that maple veneer on the top plate is spectacular. Enjoy your AR!

Lovely ....now I have an idea of what I want him to make my plinth look like :)

View attachment 909133 View attachment 909134 View attachment 909135 View attachment 909136 View attachment 909137 View attachment 909139

Awesome table. Wow!

There is a growing number of fantastic modified XA's and XB's out there. I am listening to mine right now with a Shure V15-III and with the original VN35E stylus and it sounds lovely. Just like the systems in the stereo shops back in 1973 ... the ones I could not afford.

Awesome table. Wow!

There is a growing number of fantastic modified XA's and XB's out there. I am listening to mine right now with a Shure V15-III and with the original VN35E stylus and it sounds lovely. Just like the systems in the stereo shops back in 1973 ... the ones I could not afford.
Playing a very low hours M95HE on a build I'm finishing up. There's a little mojo in them older Shure carts :thumbsup:

curious, what is that behind the platter in photo #3?

Wow that is really beatiful, can't wait to reassemble my table.

Early TTs and AR-4s both had this logo (no back screw on the table)

Attachments

• logos.jpg
    logos.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 51
You can find unscented talc at dive shops, and in small quantities from web sites devoted to supplies for fountain pen collectors. In both cases, it's applied to rubber to keep it from sticking.

Back
Top Bottom