Official AK fishing thread

Icelandic salmon ( Lax) fishing in the Laxa river - Iceland
eric-700x525.jpg

Anyone recognize the angler ? Eric Clapton caught a record breaker at the time. I was obviously fishing in the wrong spot. The few I caught were not near that size.:biggrin:

View attachment 1240198 View attachment 1240199 View attachment 1240200 View attachment 1240202 View attachment 1240205 View attachment 1240206I like to fish........ The first pic of the big Northern Pike was caught in the kayak.....lots of fun, try to get out as much as possible, just got a fly rod having fun with it.

Man, that pike fishing looks like a blast! Did you use wire leader? Years ago I had a few hours to kill in Northern Idaho, so tried to catch one. I was using big krocodile spoons and had some very exciting hard hits/ brief fish on!s, but they/it kept biting the line. I finally put on a wire leader, almost had one landed, but it got off. Never finished the job. Might have to take another trip up north.

Man, that pike fishing looks like a blast! Did you use wire leader? Years ago I had a few hours to kill in Northern Idaho, so tried to catch one. I was using big krocodile spoons and had some very exciting hard hits/ brief fish on!s, but they/it kept biting the line. I finally put on a wire leader, almost had one landed, but it got off. Never finished the job. Might have to take another trip up north.
No leader, I use 20lb test braid, spider wire, I haven't broke a fish off in years with the braid, I do use a predator wire leader on the fly rod. I'm in Michigan I get alot of pike and walleye here both have teeth. The fun part in the kayak is landing the big ones a not getting covered in fish slime, or getting a hook in you! I use a Bogo grip now LOL.

Last edited:
No leader, I use 20lb test braid, spider wire, I haven't broke a fish off in years with the braid, I do use a predator wire leader on the fly rod. I'm in Michigan I get alot of pike and walleye here both have teeth. The fun part in the kayak is landing the big ones a not getting covered in fish slim, our getting a hook in you! I use a Bogo grip now LOL.
Screenshot_20180721-172023.png Screenshot_20180721-171815.png I get into these catfish sometimes Channels and Blues in the kayak talk about fun ....they fight! Tow you around pretty good.

Was stationed in the florida panhandle for almost 16 years. We would launch at the Eglin AFB marina , cruise over to crab island pass through the Destin pass. Head southwest about 2 miles. Then start trolling with cigar minnows for Kings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom