Official GAME OF THRONES ending theories.

qdrone

Music is my mistress
How will this series wrap up? Will the White Walkers prevail?
A hint,the Game of Thrones series will not end like the written books. Love to hear your theory.

A hint,the Game of Thrones series will not end like the written books.

Seems like GRRM is making too much $$$$$ off the series to bother with any more books, so the big difference may be the series will end, the books will just dangle.

I'm not sure how it will end however all I want is a lot more direwolf action.

Nymeria & Ghost are still alive and I'm hoping they figure in some battle scenes.

Here's a theory, we know that Viserion (one of the dragons) was killed by the white walkers, specifically by the Night King, and then brought back to life. If so was Summer, who was also killed by the white walkers, brought back to life? if so to fight with the army of the dead?

HBO is working on a prequel based on the books delving into the history of the Throne families lineage.

I'm not sure how it will end however all I want is a lot more direwolf action.

Nymeria & Ghost are still alive and I'm hoping they figure in some battle scenes.

Here's a theory, we know that Viserion (one of the dragons) was killed by the white walkers, specifically by the Night King, and then brought back to life. If so was Summer, who was also killed by the white walkers, brought back to life? if so to fight with the army of the dead?
To kill the dragon or Summer you must kill the White Walker who slayed them. Summer is now a white Walker.

Last edited:
I started to comment on this and then realized how much I've forgotten since the last season. SO much crap was thrown into the story... at this point I wouldn't blame the showrunners for having the red comet round the sun, come down squarely on the White Walkers, and everybody else says "right, that's done then".

But seriously, it's up to the dragons to save Westeros, that's all the story has really built up to; everything else is parlor politics and copious amounts of murder. And maybe a Clegane Bowl thrown in, wherein Sandor and the reanimated Gregor go at it for one final brawl.

Edit: and to expand on the notion that it's really all about Blondie and her flying monkeys, GRRM has a new book out. Not the next in the series, but Fire and Blood, a history of the Targaryens. Why focus on that family specifically, if they're not the focus of the story as a whole? Just sayin.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/grrm_book/fire-and-blood/

Last edited:
All I know is that April is a long way off. Plenty of time to watch the previous 7 seasons all over again. I don't really have a theory as to who ends up on the Iron Throne. Too hard to guess given the ease with which characters and fan favorites are dispatched with regularity. I read the other day that the actress who plays Brianne of Tarth commented that fans of the show will need to see a shrink by the end of the upcoming season.

Last edited:
All I know is that April is a long way off. Plenty of time to watch the previous 7 seasons all over again. I don't really have a theory as to who ends up on the Iron Throne. Too hard to guess given the ease with which regular characters and fan favorites are dispatched with regularity. I read the other day that the actress who plays Brianne of Tarth commented that fans of the show will need to see a shrink by the end of the upcoming season.
Yeah I DVR the last season and plan to immerse myself after the New Year. as

While at a feast to decide who is the rightful heir all of the main contenders die at the same time from food poisoning (spoiler alert it was the canned salmon). Lady Maege Mormont of Bear Island who was left off the guest list inherits the Iron Throne. :D

While at a feast to decide who is the rightful heir all of the main contenders die at the same time from food poisoning (spoiler alert it was the canned salmon). Lady Maege Mormont of Bear Island who was left off the guest list inherits the Iron Throne. :D
Monty Python would be proud of your theory, It was the Salmon Mousse.

Everybody kills everbody with big swords, and that really BIG GUY (a well-known entity in worldwide "strongman" competitions) dies last of a stroke.

Dat about wrap it up?

It will end with a shot of a dragon egg cracking....... For King Aegon Targaryen!

Monty Python would be proud of your theory, It was the Salmon Mousse.

Thanks for picking up on the Monty Python reference! I knew it was too subtle and perhaps finding a "Holy Grail" reference would have been more appropriate

Last edited:
My theory is Samwell Tarly will slay The Night King with the Valerian sword he stole from his father when he banished him to the wall. Sam has been pouring over every book on The White Walkers in the library @ The Citidal he catalogs. He will come across a spell that will be placed on the blade by The Red Priest Melisandre who is The Lady of the Light. Bran Stark can see into the past and the future, he knows the orgin and Identity of The Night King which will come into play when he is killed.

Last edited:
One thing I find most fascinating about JRRM's writing, some of the characters that I most disliked initially have come to be among my favorites. Jamie and The Hound are squarely in that camp. Still don't care for Cercei though, if anything I dislike her character more each time she's on screen. Especially after that stunt involving the Great Sept.

Back
Top Bottom